Thread: John Deere Gator retro-fit doors ?

John Deere Gator retro-fit doors ?

Hi,

I purchased a new gator in March of this year, and I am really pleased with my purchase it's a great machine and has more than lived up to my expectations. However with winter looming and having got rather wet recently I am looking for a set of retro-fit doors. the price from my dealer was ridiculous are there any other options available ? It would be nice to have some protection from the elements through the winter, as ever, any help would be much appreciative.

Regards,

Topdown

Re: John Deere Gator retro-fit doors ?

There is quite a variety of soft doors on ebay, they seem to be mostly in the US though. Not spotted any proper framed doors anywhere, how much are the genuine JD ones? It may be worth talking to a local fabricator if they are stupidly expensive, shouldn't be too hard a job to knock a pair up?
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Might sound stupid but know some that only have a R/H door so that they can jump in and out other side but the one door makes a lot of difference
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

Quote Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
    There is quite a variety of soft doors on ebay, they seem to be mostly in the US though. Not spotted any proper framed doors anywhere, how much are the genuine JD ones? It may be worth talking to a local fabricator if they are stupidly expensive, shouldn't be too hard a job to knock a pair up?
    While you are pricing up the doors, price up just the hindges and latches - might make it easier (cheaper) for someone to fabricate doors for you

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delay in replying. The cost of doors from JD are close to 2000 ! I have seen the ones on eBay but I am not to sure on the back up etc, or indeed how they would cope with the weather up here !?!

The idea of hinges etc and then fabrication is a good idea, I will try and get some prices when I get a moment.

Regards,

Topdown

Hi,

It looks like sadly I will have to cough up the 1170 + vat and buy the doors from the dealer, thanks for all the replies.

Regards,

Topdown

Quote Originally Posted by topdown View Post
    Hi,

I purchased a new gator in March of this year, and I am really pleased with my purchase it's a great machine and has more than lived up to my expectations. However with winter looming and having got rather wet recently I am looking for a set of retro-fit doors. the price from my dealer was ridiculous are there any other options available ? It would be nice to have some protection from the elements through the winter, as ever, any help would be much appreciative.

Regards,

Topdown
    Just made these to spec for a customer , apparently john Deere don't make doors for this model
    Attached Images Attached Images

We had "soft" doors made for our Kubota which you can roll down when needed. They have a heavy duty zip each side and are so easy to get in and out of and extremely durable. To be honest, I found the solid Gator doors a bit of a bugger when trying to beat the ewes through a gate in the spring and IMO they made the cab a noisier environment.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.