Thread: moving apps to sd card samsung

moving apps to sd card samsung

Any one with a samsung xcover2 tell me how to move my apps to sd card as I used up all my internal memory.

Tried down loading several apps from play store but non of them work.

Re: moving apps to sd card samsung

have the same phone but not worked out how to do it either! Not even sure it is possible. You might be able to free up some space on the internal memory though if you haven't already tried all the tricks to clear the caches etc. Also delete some of the bloatware apps that came with the phone (but be careful not to delete something critical. If in doubt Google is your friend)

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    have the same phone but not worked out how to do it either! Not even sure it is possible. You might be able to free up some space on the internal memory though if you haven't already tried all the tricks to clear the caches etc. Also delete some of the bloatware apps that came with the phone (but be careful not to delete something critical. If in doubt Google is your friend)
    tried deleting some of the apps that came with phone I don't use and it wont let me, even when using a downloaded app clean tool thing from play

whats the point of having a memory card slot if you cant use it

Been on google and people say to "root" the phone but cant figure out how to? and It also looks complicated and with a high risk of buggering it up!

Just deleted my paypal app as not used it in a while hoping that will be a short term fix?

I think 'rooting' is the way to go - not likely to cause too many problems ... try it?? Then get the 'superuser' app to 'manage it'

We had this problem on Mrs B's phone - she has since downgraded to an iPhone

The three apps she had were App Mgr 111, Link2SD, and SD Maid
    Don't have the phone with me now, so not 100%

Keep trying ....

How old is it, could you simply get something with more space?
    I was in this position with a HTC desire and rooting it then using superuser and app2SD or something bought some space but buying a MotoG with 16GB was the best thing ever.
    Eventually the Desire suddenly could not access the apps on the card.
    Rooting is not without risk on some models and the procedure can be quite complex too.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    How old is it, could you simply get something with more space?
    I was in this position with a HTC desire and rooting it then using superuser and app2SD or something bought some space but buying a MotoG with 16GB was the best thing ever.
    Eventually the Desire suddenly could not access the apps on the card.
    Rooting is not without risk on some models and the procedure can be quite complex too.

Its a samsung xcover2 s7710. Bought it about 6 months ago. Works well for me but lacking space.