Thread: Anyone tried iSpy ??

Anyone tried iSpy ??

Put a camera up to play around with and get the hang of, came across http://www.ispyconnect.com/ which is opensource and seems to work ok although I yet have to fight with a BT business modem/router and get it onto the net...........

Anyone tried or used iSpy?? Or a better recommendation??

Re: Anyone tried iSpy ??

http://blueirissoftware.com/

Depends what you want to do.
    Best phone app - IP Cam Viewer Lite

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post

Agree with 4WD, it depends on your needs really.

Blue Iris seems ok (haven't used it for over 12 months now though so may have changed) but I found the motion detection hard to set up as I wanted it. It also didn't cope too well with our PTZ camera but I never went in to it far enough to really try and sort the set up.

IP Cam Viewer Lite is a fantastic app, I've asked the developer if there will ever be a desktop version and although he hasn't ruled it out it has crossed his mind a few times.

We are using the stock software with my Panasonic PTZ which although frustrating does seem to work reasonably well. We've also got a Lilin camera and the software in that is a bit more recent but also frustrating.

I've tried the demo package of the Milestone product and it is a beast, it'd do whatever you wanted with about a bazillion cameras but in reality is far too complex for my needs.

I tried ispy about 18 months ago and couldn't get on with it, the feature list seems to have improved since then though so I'll give it another go.
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
    Agree with 4WD, it depends on your needs really.

Blue Iris seems ok (haven't used it for over 12 months now though so may have changed) but I found the motion detection hard to set up as I wanted it. It also didn't cope too well with our PTZ camera but I never went in to it far enough to really try and sort the set up.

IP Cam Viewer Lite is a fantastic app, I've asked the developer if there will ever be a desktop version and although he hasn't ruled it out it has crossed his mind a few times.

We are using the stock software with my Panasonic PTZ which although frustrating does seem to work reasonably well. We've also got a Lilin camera and the software in that is a bit more recent but also frustrating.

I've tried the demo package of the Milestone product and it is a beast, it'd do whatever you wanted with about a bazillion cameras but in reality is far too complex for my needs.

I tried ispy about 18 months ago and couldn't get on with it, the feature list seems to have improved since then though so I'll give it another go.

Haven't forgot about the IPCV Lite, the iSpy was pretty easy to set up and with a few tweaks its been snapping traffic entering and exiting through the yard gate. Think I'll carry on with it and see how we get on with sorting the router and adding extra cameras.