Thread: Revo Uninstaller

Revo Uninstaller

Been looking at a laptop with Win8 that has gone seriously ill with lots of infections. Owner tried a system "refresh" which removed several programmes but not the one that was causing the problem. The owner had been confused with MS calling Security essentials antivirus in Win8 "defender" and had installed "security essentials" which turned out to be a proper stitch up as it wasn't anything to with the genuine thing, then IE8 was locked down by the rogue malware while it exploited all its out of date files!.

Ended up downloading and trying a couple versions of this http://www.revouninstaller.com/index.html

Very impressed with the Pro version as it found and fully removed what was causing the problems. Normally manage to get away with scanning the HD in a caddy with Malware-Bytes but this time it was a bit more involved!

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Re: Revo Uninstaller

I've had a problem with something corrupted for a while now that stopped my pc shutting down properly and I couldn't be bothered with doing a full reinstall of windows so I chanced the pro version and it worked. Much hassle avoided thanks ff

Re: Revo Uninstaller

I emailed them with a particular problem that I am having with Windows Mail. My system tells me that it is an issue with the MSOE.DLL file but I think it is a registry problem. And although they couldn't help they replied in double quick time and were very courteous. I was quite impressed that they didn't try to sell me something that they knew wouldn't sort the problem out for me.