Thread: Hs2

Hs2

Anyone else here got this nightmare crossing their land ?
    If so what's your strategy going to be regarding access agreements / communication from Hs2, are you going to co-operate and sign or keep them at arms length for as long as is possible ?

Re: Hs2

Won't affect me but is it not inevitable that it will go ahead ? In which case would it not be better to work out agreements for access and putting things right that will benefit you in the long term ? They have pots of money to appease landowners and you can get new fencing, gates and roadways done as part of the deal.

1) Dont let them on your land unless they pay ! ( for the environmental stuff they pay hundreds of pounds per access) I am told that they try to coordinate it so that more than one surveyor visits per permitted access.. so try and make them come individually!!!!! I am not sure if this is correct , but check it out with someone who knows.
    2) Get an experienced agent to advise you , but dont spend much time with him yet because I dont think that expenditure on agents is compensated for until later in the process ( perhaps depends if you are on phase 1 or phase 2 - the bit that has just been announced
    3) The "nightmare" will depend on how much it affects your holding ie how much it splits it up, ruins fields, affects farmhouse/ cottages plus any diversification you have now or may have in future.
    4) Keep a log or diary of your meetings / events thoughout the process . At least this will provide you with evidence should you need it later to support the effect it has on your business.

It will be a ball-ache but get everything written down and signed each time you reach an agreement no matter how many times.

I think it will be a case of when rather than if this (phase 2) happens so for my part I will co-operate, although every access will be negotiated for and every conceivable cost and inconvienience claimed for. It will devastate my farm and I may not be able to live with it when its done so I will extract every penny I can. My main concern is access to the half of the farm on the other side of the track, land swap will not be attractive to me as my neighbours land both sides is crap by comparison.