Thread: Postimage and Sky

Postimage and Sky

Anyone here using postimage and have Sky as their ISP?

Been having problems with uploading photos to Postimage, just get "invalid file" each time the image is uploaded. Seems its not unheard of when your ISP is like mine, Sky. Tried a remote PC on BT and that put the same images up ok.................

Re: Postimage and Sky

Does that mean they are behaving like AOL used to and tinkering about with the image file properties?
    That could cause no end of problems surely, and at best might affect the display properties (important if you are uploading to flickr or something).

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Does that mean they are behaving like AOL used to and tinkering about with the image file properties?
    That could cause no end of problems surely, and at best might affect the display properties (important if you are uploading to flickr or something).
    This is what you get once it uploaded

You don't even get to an image! I wonder if Sky are blocking postimage because of their option to host "non family friendly" images??. Had it happen a few months back for a while, never though much more than their site was down

Could be, a lot of them have a filter enabled by default now.
    If you go to postimage pages - rather than embed the image direct - the adverts below can be quite racy, but not that shocking
    It will be something you can turn off in account settings and we at least would understand the reason why

I just put a few up by shifting them with dropbox to the workshop PC and remotely hooked up to it with teamviewer so I could use that PC to upload them!!! worked a treat.

Also had a pleasant surprise while there remotely- had a BT email earlier confirming the change to a new contract for the workshop, was supposed to change on friday but must of got done today, paperwork deal with vast savings on the 2+ year old contract, ran speedtest and was surprised to see it got to 3.5meg! traditionally always been 1.5tops and dropped sync like clockwork, went down to 1/4meg in dec, got it up to 2.1 in the end after 6 boost engineer visits and some reminding from my wad of notes, so to now get 3.5 for less money makes it very nice!

Nearly the same speed as the farmhouse -that was reconnected in december for new tenants after being empty for 6 months and was one of the reasons for the workshop dropping to less than dial-up, mind you the farmhouse broadband didn't work for 2 days till we figured out they'd reconnected it at the exchange to the alarm line....................