Thread: Google Earth Pro

Google Earth Pro

You can now download and use Google Earth Pro for free (previously cost over 250 apparently) as Google has dropped the subscription element for it. I've not had much of a play with it but in standard Google Earth the measurement tool only allowed lines and multi-point lines (paths) to be measured, in Pro you can measure in acres and hectares too. Appreciate that Acme Planimeter etc has been able to do that for some time but if you want to play with the Pro version a link to it is on this page, once you've installed you enter your own email address and the licence key GEPFREE and you are in.

Mention is made of higher resolution photos etc however the ones covering our farm are the same as the standard version, if anyone spots anything useful in Pro could they post in here?
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Re: Google Earth Pro

Pics are better, you can count the flags on my patio.

says 2012 photo but had a few buildings missing more 2005 I would say

any apps . of way of linking up to gps to make a free good field guidance system yet - only time I guess ????

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    any apps . of way of linking up to gps to make a free good field guidance system yet - only time I guess ????
    I've looked a few times, the trouble seems to be that the GPS receivers in phones are only accurate to a few meters rather than meter or sub meter. I was hoping to use a waypoint app or similar to record drain positions in fields when we'd dug them up etc, so that we knew where to look in the future. Knowing the position to a few meters isn't a whole lot better than knowing the position from a well drawn map though unfortunately.

Maybe there are external antenna that would allow increased accuracy though?
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Starfire receivers output standard NMEA GPS signals on serial out, I use one in my tractor hooked to a computer..