Thread: can anyone help this chap?

can anyone help this chap?

spotted this on forum4farming and thought it might be better over here where more UK based people might have a chance of seeing it:

http://www.forum4farming.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11442

"Hi Guys - hoping someone can help or point us in the right direction. My 26 yr old son - an experienced large dairy herd & dairy farm manager was recruited from NZ to work on a mid Wales beef to dairy conversion. Starting early December - without a full day off since (14 hour days) he and another Kiwi similarly recruited have just been laid off and turned out of their accommodation with 2 days notice, and being owed 6 weeks back pay which they have been told they wont get, as the farm owners milk supply contract has been cancelled.
    It seems a shame to waste his dairying experience and an opportunity to see and learn in your part of the world by coming home with such a sour taste.
    If anyone knows of any opportunities or leads for agricultural based work (he has a two year visa) any pointers would be appreciated.

Ken F"

Re: can anyone help this chap?

I can't reply on the other forum, but might be able to find something temporary for them if they fancy a stint in the Agri retail sector to get them out of strife? Would be a pretty basic job of shelf stacking, yard work and customer service, but in the right sort of environment for farming types. Based in Shropshire.
    Can you put me in touch?
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Terry View Post
    I can't reply on the other forum, but might be able to find something temporary for them if they fancy a stint in the Agri retail sector to get them out of strife? Would be a pretty basic job of shelf stacking, yard work and customer service, but in the right sort of environment for farming types. Based in Shropshire.
    Can you put me in touch?
    Mark.
    Hi Mark, thanks for that offer, i'll pass it on to the gentleman concerned via the other forum, (if you're having any problems getting your account registered over there, PM me, i'll get it sorted out for you).

I've only copied what he's put there so more people could see it to help out, i don't know him, but assuming he comes back, i'll send you his contact details if he's interested

That is a p8ss poor way to go on.

Whoever the farmer was, he should be named and shamed. It is truly disgusting way to treat anybody , particularly when they are 10,000 miles from home.
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Poor show! Pay the guys what you've agreed!
    Don't know why anyone leaves a low cost profitable dairying country to get experience in a high cost, highly subsidized one.
    Bad experience for them though I'm sure they've learnt a lot!

aye the youngs guys have learned a hellish lesson . do not trust pommies . the farmer concerned has acted like a total knob . i imagine the farmer possibly maybe in money trouble but fk sake sell sum dairy cows to pay the guys what they are due .

I suggest that you put your original post on "thefarmingforum.co.uk" for much better coverage.

The farm owner's problem with the contract should have nothing to do with the wages owed. The farmer should pay up plus a couple of weeks extra pay for the lads inconvenience and accommodation.

The farmer should be very ashamed and possibly legally liable for the losses incurred and certainly for the six weeks back pay. That is absolutely disgusting behaviour.
    The Duck 2015

Does anyone know who their consultants were, it would'nt be Kite buy any chance ??

We might be able to find him some work too, based in Shropshire, if he is still looking tell him to call me will see if we can help him out. Elaine 07960 986622

Quote Originally Posted by grassmanman View Post
    Poor show! Pay the guys what you've agreed!
    Don't know why anyone leaves a low cost profitable dairying country to get experience in a high cost, highly subsidized one.
    Bad experience for them though I'm sure they've learnt a lot!
    I think maybe I ought to be looking for a job milking cows. I never realised that dairy farmers were so highly subsidised. What are they all moaning about?

Jack Caley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    I think maybe I ought to be looking for a job milking cows. I never realised that dairy farmers were so highly subsidised. What are they all moaning about?

Jack Caley
    im sorry how can you make suck a crass statement, are you a farmer do you get up at 5 am 365 days a year, working 12 hour days in all weather, including xmas etc. do you eat breathe and live for your animals, its is not about milking cows mate.

We are not a heavily subsidized industry , we are a industry that at this moment in time which is on our knee dying because everybody is trying to screw us out of our living. we are getting paid less that is cost us to produce a product and we have no say in when or how processors change our milk price, .....

what the farmer did on this link is despicable but please not tar us all , there are always heartless beeps out there put also a hell of a lot of good guys to.

Quote Originally Posted by mid wales taffy View Post
    im sorry how can you make suck a crass statement, are you a farmer do you get up at 5 am 365 days a year, working 12 hour days in all weather, including xmas etc. do you eat breathe and live for your animals, its is not about milking cows mate.

We are not a heavily subsidized industry , we are a industry that at this moment in time which is on our knee dying because everybody is trying to screw us out of our living. we are getting paid less that is cost us to produce a product and we have no say in when or how processors change our milk price, .....

what the farmer did on this link is despicable but please not tar us all , there are always heartless beeps out there put also a hell of a lot of good guys to.
    Steady on.
    I think was talking with tongue in cheek.