Thread: Virgin ADSL

Virgin ADSL

Has anyone else been caught up in this fiasco?
    Virgin are concentrating solely on cable - from about now on - and have been 'migrating' ADSLers to TalkTalk on similar terms without even telling them in many cases.

I got wind of it a while ago and changed to Plusnet at half the cost and much less peak time throttling (so far) - embarrassed I didn't do it sooner, but had long term email addresses with virgin which are going to be closed anyway now.

Now I want to print off bills for accounts but the website to download from has been broke since Christmas apparently
    There was a similar dozy carry on last year the free webspace I sometimes used was broken for weeks.
    How they can be so cavalier with customers and survive I do not know.

Ringing their customer services is possibly the worst of any I've dealt with.
    One of the reasons I rang - three times over a year - was repeatedly attempting to get Direct Debit set up.
    They appear completely incapable of progressing that even though the account was showing correctly on the site - when you could access it.

In any communication they continued to cheerfully advise setting up DD and save 5/month.
    Only something I was told on the phone is that ADSL customers aren't allowed that discount anyway.
    Another one I talked to seemed to get horribly confused when I pointed out that he was mistaken when telling me a Debit Card and Direct Debit were the same thing.

Re: Virgin ADSL

I have been told (candidly) that If I wish to change my broadband provider I should expect at least 7 days without service !!!!
    There are more engines killed through lack of water than through lack of oil

It was painless here, Virgin emailed the MAC code within an hour of being asked, and the process started the same day.
    On the changeover day the Virgin BB ran as normal.

Plusnet had emailed the new login details which were easily changed in my own router.
    Router rebooted with new saved settings and it was on plusnet - no downtime at all.

If you took up the offer of their own router you would just plug that in instead.
    I kept my own because it has various port forwarding set up - which continued as before.

Virgin? don't get me started on any aspect of that brand they are hopeless and I have nothing good to say about Branson either. Not suprised in the slightest this is how their broadband service is deciding to operate this is how Virgin businesses work.

To be fair I thought they were OK when I first started with them almost ten years ago, although even then perhaps trying too hard to present a youthful, stylish image - while rather lacking in ability to deliver when it came to it
    They are owned by Liberty Bell International or something now so very much more Corporate approach.