Thread: NFU president

NFU president

What's the opinion of him so far, and the two deputy's
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Re: NFU president

Not much. I always liked Guy Smiths articles in the FW and Crops magazines.However, the 3 of them seem a bit out of their depth media wise.Maybe the NFU need to employ more media savvy people?

Minette Batters came to our county meeting and did very well. I think she will be the next president of the NFU.

Quote Originally Posted by timhaven View Post
    Not much. I always liked Guy Smiths articles in the FW and Crops magazines.However, the 3 of them seem a bit out of their depth media wise.Maybe the NFU need to employ more media savvy people?
    If Guy Smith isn't media savvy, I don't know who is.

He is also an excellent communicator and is the sort of farmer who the public respect and believe.

He certainly did not shine in front of the cameras on main new a few weeks ago. He spoke at a branch dinner 10 years ago or so; dull.

Welsh Presidents never do well when you think how Tim Bennett was treated.
    However Meurig should never have been elected as we live in a media age and unfortunately he always appears as if he's just emerged from a hedge.
    Women are fronting up a lot of organisations these days - and doing a bloody good job too so another vote for Batters here

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Rick View Post
    Welsh Presidents never do well when you think how Tim Bennett was treated.
    However Meurig should never have been elected as we live in a media age and unfortunately he always appears as if he's just emerged from a hedge.
    Women are fronting up a lot of organisations these days - and doing a bloody good job too so another vote for Batters here
    I think they really missed a trick when they got rid of Adam Quinney, he was comfortable in front of the cameras and came across well I thought. PK was always going to be a huge act to follow but I think the current team needed to hit the ground running a little more. I've always thought it madness that they change the entire team at the same time, it runs the risk of losing all of the familiar faces in one go and the new team coming in has a huge challenge to pick up where the previous one left off.
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
    I think they really missed a trick when they got rid of Adam Quinney, he was comfortable in front of the cameras and came across well I thought. PK was always going to be a huge act to follow but I think the current team needed to hit the ground running a little more. I've always thought it madness that they change the entire team at the same time, it runs the risk of losing all of the familiar faces in one go and the new team coming in has a huge challenge to pick up where the previous one left off.

They all did an excellent job yesterday at the NFU conference I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by goatfarmer View Post
    They all did an excellent job yesterday at the NFU conference I thought.
    Glad to hear it, I wasn't there so have no idea of how it went. It's a good job they'll all be settled in by May though, a change in leadership in the same year as an election could've been very awkward.
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk