Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Manitou 630T

  1. #1
    Senior Member track marshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nr Southwold, Suffolk
    Posts
    252

    Manitou 630T

    may be going to look at a Manitou 630T 2005.

    any thing in particular they suffer from?

    presuming it will have a Perkins?

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Manitou 630T

    Quote Originally Posted by track marshall View Post
    may be going to look at a Manitou 630T 2005.

    any thing in particular they suffer from?

    presuming it will have a Perkins?

    thanks.
    You mean a mlt 630 could be turbo or could be a 120 lsu.

    Yes perkins either 101 hp or 120hp.

    Look carefully at the 90deg gearbox and the propshaft from engine to box.

    Cooling fan bearings wear bracket there is a mod for this.

    Look for blocked rad too will give an idea if been overheated. This can also be cured with a aftermarket rad.

    Electric lift pump prone to failing. Again there is a updated pump only came out end last year.

    It is more than likely going to have the old series hyd pump if a lsu model. These are common to give issues with stalling engine. With engine at idle operate two hyd services on the joystick while at the same time dead ending another. If engine stalls dead then more than likely need the latest hyd pump and a calibration too. Pump will set you back about 1500 plus fitting etc.
    Alot of people just live with this problem but in the end they get so bad you have to do it. And it a oem pump only.
    A recon or overhaul of the old pump is a waste of money too as they wont fix the issue.

    Then check normal things like pins bushes etc axle king pins track rods ujs etc.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: Manitou 630T

    Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    You mean a mlt 630 could be turbo or could be a 120 lsu.

    Yes perkins either 101 hp or 120hp.

    Look carefully at the 90deg gearbox and the propshaft from engine to box.

    Cooling fan bearings wear bracket there is a mod for this.

    Look for blocked rad too will give an idea if been overheated. This can also be cured with a aftermarket rad.

    Electric lift pump prone to failing. Again there is a updated pump only came out end last year.

    It is more than likely going to have the old series hyd pump if a lsu model. These are common to give issues with stalling engine. With engine at idle operate two hyd services on the joystick while at the same time dead ending another. If engine stalls dead then more than likely need the latest hyd pump and a calibration too. Pump will set you back about 1500 plus fitting etc.
    Alot of people just live with this problem but in the end they get so bad you have to do it. And it a oem pump only.
    A recon or overhaul of the old pump is a waste of money too as they wont fix the issue.

    Then check normal things like pins bushes etc axle king pins track rods ujs etc.
    Strewth ACE it is just as well you are not a main agent.

  4. #4
    Senior Member track marshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nr Southwold, Suffolk
    Posts
    252

    Re: Manitou 630T

    Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    You mean a mlt 630 could be turbo or could be a 120 lsu.
    sorry, its a MLT630 turbo.

    thanks for the advice, will help me get an idea as its a big step up from our old 1988 JCB 525-4HL (which has been very good to us)

  5. #5
    Senior Member ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Manitou 630T

    Quote Originally Posted by track marshall View Post
    sorry, its a MLT630 turbo.

    thanks for the advice, will help me get an idea as its a big step up from our old 1988 JCB 525-4HL (which has been very good to us)
    if its just a basic spec turbo then will have a gear hyd pump which rules out several niggles straight away. the gear pumps are okay but do fail from time to time but they are much cheaper to replace.
    should also be a 4 speed manual gearbox if gear pump so bit simpler and generally more reliable box.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,594

    Re: Manitou 630T

    Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Strewth ACE it is just as well you are not a main agent.
    Can't stress enough how fantastic machines they are never break down unlike others!

    Take it you read some other post then? (the is a private joke by the way) the Manitou will break down just like any machine can.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •