Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Arla

Re: Arla

Quote Originally Posted by big philip View Post
    Is that 29p yet ? what a fecking joke !!

Well after the increase the London Liquid contract will be 29.149

entirely preditable to buy cheap milk for the forseeable future ,trying to buy off people handing there notices in I was told in novmeber that we would be on over 30p by now

If Arla were trying to buy off owners handing in notices, the increase would have been more. The on account price is effectively a formula based on money in, less 3% of turnover retention, less costs divided by litres supplied. You yourself wrote about it a few days ago. The member meetings starting from W/C March 11th will give detail on this.

yes i know how the formula works and fails it can still be manipulated by amba to achieve the desired result as you know.the formula is based on estimations and past performance till the year end .by the way the letter is crap so many errors and lack of clarity and facts.if that is the quality of the firm we need help.good job you didnt get the decimal place in the wrong place other wise we would all retired within months.

Got to make you laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by dinderleat View Post
    Yes I thought this was funny.... Does anyone read the bunf they send out prior to it being sent? Perhaps it is a psychological trick to make it sound like more money??

I noticed that. I also noticed that Milk Link wasn't even on the letterhead.

Wonder how much the name 'milk link' is worth perhaps we could sell it to muller on even first milk?

milk link is dead all hail ARLA !! LOL

More of a reincarnation

More of a reincarnation
    And there was me thinking it was a merger

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    And there was me thinking it was a merger
    You still leaving Sheila?

You still leaving Sheila?
    We go to Muller Wiseman on 1st April (April Fools Day ).
    But it may not be a long "relationship" unfortunately, as it has come a few years too late.

I am a final year student at Harper Adams, and as part of my dissertation I am looking into the opinions of dairy producers towards the voluntary code of practice. I would greatly appreciate it if all dairy farmers in the forum could complete the questionnaire below, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. You would be greatly helping out a dairy farmers daughter!
    Thank you in advance!

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/harper-adams/dairy_vcop

So, any good news from Sweden Farmer on a Bike? If you haven't heard MWD as well ad DC are snapping at our heels in cornwall now

I was really encouraged by what we heard. There are various things that will come out over the next few months. The forecast forward on price was very encouraging but there are potential currency risks. There are a series of member meetings coming up around the country.
    I am still convinced the deal is right. The actions of DC and mueller reinforce that they are desperate to try and sign any arla Milklink resigners as soon as possible before the benefits of arla ownership become clear.

wisemans have just signed one in Bideford which is the nearest i believe they have got so far. I spoke to my rep and he didn't let anything on but told me not to get my hopes up. could be a litlle month by month. It's been suggested that we should all be putting our notices in as they have nothing over their members now as there is no 13th payment and nothing to lose, but keeps all options open???. might give them a wakey wakey call.

Are they ever going to get anyone want to become new members the way things are now?? the gap by the time you have paid your joining contribution is huge.

edit- That sounds encouraging fob. I look forward to the meeting. Not a time for rash decisions i thinks!! surely the exchange rate is going our way now quite a bit?

With nothing to lose, our notice will definately be in so we can keep our options open, and if everybody did the the same these encouraging forward prices would have to be returned to our pockets quicker possibly? If they don't think we would leave they would of adopted dairy code of practice 3 month notice period. Thanks for the update FoaB, not much on website yet.

What is best a and b pricing or seasonality on milk link arla manufacturing contract?

whats everyone on?

What is best a and b pricing or seasonality on milk link arla manufacturing contract?

whats everyone on?
    it is very important that you do this comparison on an individual basis what works for one will not nesscaryly work for another. If you ask either the help line or membership manager can do it for you ,it is important that you accurately as much as possible forcast your future litres and do not use your historical for the future figures. be careful when interpreting the figures as you can be better off on the p/per litre seasonality but this could cause major cashflow issues if you are not aware of the effect it has . if you require futher help ask.

Thanks

Seasonality is about 1.25ppl better off for my farm for the year

Fob can please advise the people that right the letters that are sent you to farmers to read then through to make sure they make sense. The jan and feb pricing ones can be read 2 different ways which shouldn't be the case. Also the sheets about the 13th payment abroad would be a LOT better if we had the Swedish/danish/euro exchanged in sterling. It could just be just me does anyone else have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cornishfarmer View Post
    Seasonality is about 1.25ppl better off for my farm for the year

Fob can please advise the people that right the letters that are sent you to farmers to read then through to make sure they make sense. The jan and feb pricing ones can be read 2 different ways which shouldn't be the case. Also the sheets about the 13th payment abroad would be a LOT better if we had the Swedish/danish/euro exchanged in sterling. It could just be just me does anyone else have the same problem
    My spring calving herd is far better off on seasonality, for the autumn calving herd it makes virtually no difference. Totally agree with advice from fir tree.

staff have received plenty of advice about letters from council members already! Comment about will be passed on.

How many people have handed thier notice in? or sticking with it for a little longer?

Did you not go to the meeting? they openly stated the number that had handed their notice in.

With hopes for some rapid rises following a big jump in NZ auction prices how long after amba price goes up does ours follow?

it is a fair question as the number will be different for each meeting as it was being updated daily (I know that does sound to efficient for them but thats what we were told probably right though as each one increases there production costs although they tell you different,) so all meetings will be different it would be intresting know if members hand there notice in after attending a meeting.what were peoples views on the meetings I thought it was just a pr exercise don't think they listened or cared to be honest .we are still waiting for questions asked to be answered.they knew the answers within 12hrs of the meeting but have failed to give them to us. I found there in depth knowledge staggering!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by happycows View Post
    Did you not go to the meeting? they openly stated the number that had handed their notice in.

With hopes for some rapid rises following a big jump in NZ auction prices how long after amba price goes up does ours follow?
    Got our meeting on monday so we will see then.

The price will rise with amba price as soon as they pull thier finger out!

Please can all dairy producers fill this questionnaire out about the voluntary code of practice, I am doing research for my dissertation into the effectiveness of it as a means to stabilise the dairy industry looking from the producers perspectice. Would be great to get all your opinions! Thank you

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/harper-adams/dairy_vcop

Ash i thought gave a good speech, but talk is not what we need. He said he had been out on farm and kept banging on about the dire and unacceptable situation where we as owners were trailing so far behind directs and afmp. lets just hope that as soon as they see the price rises over there they pass it on.