Thread: MF 265 no hydraulic action

MF 265 no hydraulic action

Hi All

Neighbour has a problem with an elderly 265. The lift arms will not move, apparently a sudden occurrence. I had a quick fiddle (as it were) and moving both draught and position does not make any difference. Oddly the spools that are plumbed in for a loader are working, or perhaps there are two pumps? By the right foot there is a small lever and there also appear to be a valve on the top cover that is cable operated, although moving the valve by hand did not make any difference.
    Is it likely that something has parted company inside either on the control side or pump drive?

Thanks Peter

Re: MF 265 no hydraulic action

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Is it likely that something has parted company inside either on the control side or pump drive?
    Make sure the cable hasn't snapped, the valve isolates the linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderz View Post
    +1 to that, is there also a roll pin on the draught and position levers? if not used much could go stiff and shear.

Neighbour had similar symptoms on a 390 which turned out to be a broken con rod between the hydraulic piston and the cross shaft. Hopefully it isn't that serious and the simpler solutions above will solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderz View Post
    What actually operates the cable? I could not see to where it led. I did move the valve by hand as I operated the position and draught levers but it did not seem to make any difference.

the cable should lead up to an over centre lever mounted on the rh side of the cab. when the cable is pulled it should isolate the linkage and divert the oil to a tipping pipe or spool valves depending on which you have. the loader spools could be fed from an auxilliary pump depending on tractor spec. the knob behind your right foot is for response control and doesn't affect lift. if all levers seem to move ok you could have a stuck control valve in the pump. a bit difficult to tell without knowing the spec of the tractor.

Thanks Andy
    If the cable is damaged or disconnected do you know which way the valve will default as it seem to be spring loaded?

it should default to the linkage position

Thanks again Andy, I doubt it is anything to do with that then. It was just the lever is disconnected (by right foot ) but as I have said I have manually moved the valve whilst trying the levers (trans tunnel casing is missing so you can see the valve).