Thread: what new tractor?

what new tractor?

As title says, current contenders are MF 7618vt,NH T7.210 or maybe Fendt 718, i told myself that i wouldn't have a massey because i'm not too sure of the 7600 range,i'm looking to change my 7480, but if the moneys right then??? what are peoples thoughts on the 3?

Re: what new tractor?

I drive a 7618 DVT which replaced a T3 7480 and minor irritations aside I cannot think of a single reason not to buy one. Good tractor, great engine, comfy, reliable, great dealers.
    Reach for the sky, climb every mountain higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Predial View Post
    I drive a 7618 DVT which replaced a T3 7480 and minor irritations aside I cannot think of a single reason not to buy one. Good tractor, great engine, comfy, reliable, great dealers.
    the one major issue i have with the 7600/6600 is the bloody pedals.....i'm 6'4" and suffer badly with my knees and need to stretch my legs out,dads got a 6616 and i hate driving it...other silly things bug me on it like linkage buttons etc, we've been fergie for 25 yrs but maybe its time for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by r7mwc View Post
    the one major issue i have with the 7600/6600 is the bloody pedals.....i'm 6'4" and suffer badly with my knees and need to stretch my legs out,dads got a 6616 and i hate driving it...other silly things bug me on it like linkage buttons etc, we've been fergie for 25 yrs but maybe its time for a change?
    im 6foot2 and can understand your problem,my direct line of site out the front window is nearly always above the wiper area,big annoyance when its raining

I also find on the masseys the seat isnt long enough the nh and fendt can extend the seat base and tilt it to different angles which i find far more comfy

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
    I also find on the masseys the seat isnt long enough the nh and fendt can extend the seat base and tilt it to different angles which i find far more comfy
    You can buy the kit of Grammer to convert them to the adjustable ones , I did it on my JD 6330 ,you get a new cushion and the mechanism which was pretty straight forward to fit ,it's way better now , not that I ever adjust it but it just gives that extra bit of length so it doesn't feel like you're falling out of the seat all day .

Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    You can buy the kit of Grammer to convert them to the adjustable ones , I did it on my JD 6330 ,you get a new cushion and the mechanism which was pretty straight forward to fit ,it's way better now , not that I ever adjust it but it just gives that extra bit of length so it doesn't feel like you're falling out of the seat all day .
    Done that on both the 6480 we bought new & wasn't told of the option and the 6499 that came used so was hobsons choice anyway. Our drillman whinged about the short std seat pan but he was right- its much more comfortable with the longer type.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Done that on both the 6480 we bought new & wasn't told of the option and the 6499 that came used so was hobsons choice anyway. Our drillman whinged about the short std seat pan but he was right- its much more comfortable with the longer type.
    Thing was in the old days before they brought out the adjustable model the standard non adjustable one was just fine like the one I had in our old 6400 , I'm sure they deliberately make the non adjustable one uncomfortably short to give the adjustable one a premium feel to justify the premium price

Out of curiosity I would love to know how the three tractors compare price wise if they are of similar spec and with vario/Autocommand transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    Thing was in the old days before they brought out the adjustable model the standard non adjustable one was just fine like the one I had in our old 6400 , I'm sure they deliberately make the non adjustable one uncomfortably short to give the adjustable one a premium feel to justify the premium price
    I thought it was to do with us all being older

Quote Originally Posted by r7mwc View Post
    Though it's not an issue that effects me.... they made the cabs much deeper than the 6/7400 series and it has loads more room.

I don't care much for the linkage controls buttons either, but IIRC if you get the joystick the buttons are better. They have done one or two silly things to them, like the linkage buttons, but overall there isn't much to make me not want one.

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
    They all use Grammer seats and I think mine has a base that extends, it just depends on what seat you specify.
    Reach for the sky, climb every mountain higher.