Thread: Importing address book to BT yahoo

Importing address book to BT yahoo

Trying to export an address book from OE6 to BT Yahoo and have been getting a message for the last three days that they are experiencing difficulties but please try again (error code 33).
    Don't know if it is finger trouble on my part or BT doesn't want to play?

Re: Importing address book to BT yahoo

You obviously know what you're doing to have encountered an error but I'm just curious as OE6 is an e mail program and BT/Yahoo is an ISP

Would you care to explain further??

We get emails arriving into BT Yahoo mail which are passed to OE which we use to send and receive emails, normally only checking Yahoo mail for the spam box.
    However when our broadband speed drops to around 0.1Mb we can only access BT Yahoo. My plan was to just copy across our address book from OE to BT Yahoo for when this happens (which I thought would be a five minute job!). I realise that OE uses .wab files and Yahoo uses .csv files but that is about my limit of computer knowledge.

Outlook Express was replaced many years ago.
    Perhaps you should try Outlook.com which should be compatible?

Personally I use three email programs on various machines. I haven't taken any notice of migrating email contacts but all contacts seem to migrate from W8.1 to Android and Apple systems fairly painlessly. I use Apple Mail, Gmail and Outlook on their respective machines and systems and have email accounts for each copied to every machine, plus an old Tiscali account which is read-only [since I cancelled Tiscali internet] which I've installed on the iMac Mail and Gmail. I also have had a couple of BT accounts, one of which was for a business I was once associated with and now deleted as an account, the other being my own which comes with BT internet account. I don't have that one installed on any email client.

Forget Yahoo in my opinion. Forget webmail unless you want to access your accounts from machines that are not your own, such as on a hotel machine or when you borrow a computer or tablet temporarily. I never log in to the webmail options to my email accounts.

Hope that makes some sense.
    The Duck 2015

Quote Originally Posted by paddington View Post
    I realise that OE uses .wab files and Yahoo uses .csv files but that is about my limit of computer knowledge.
    Just guessing really, but from OE is there a file / export option where you can then choose .csv ???

EDIT - https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl...utlook+express
    Last edited by J B; 23-03-15 at 06:09 PM.

In windows 8.1 in mail , cannot even find import export options , just one drive or something and mail exchange - how ever that works ?

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    In windows 8.1 in mail , cannot even find import export options , just one drive or something and mail exchange - how ever that works ?
    Think you are in the wrong thread - nobody mentioned Win 8.1 here

Address book is ready to be imported in .csv file but BT keeps saying try later, I don't know if the error message is just a standard one or if there is a particular problem.

Windows Live Mail on 8.1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    Windows Live Mail on 8.1

Thanks.
    I clicked on the file drop down in mail but dont show the import export on the list as your shot shows?