Thread: Solar panels on my roof

Solar panels on my roof

Is it still worth looking into with feed in tariffs dropping so much , looking at a 50 kW system ,
    Thanks

Re: Solar panels on my roof

If your a big user of energy during solar production times then yes . the majority of your production will be exported then maybe not so good.

I have been getting/send quotes for a 4 kw system for years now and they started years back at around 12k dropped and dropped and now with better panels its down to around 5k ?
    Before long it will be more expensive to put the scaffolding up than the works itself ???

Good to hear that prices were dropping. I wonder how Brexit and the resulting weaker pound will effect this though?

Quote Originally Posted by Augusto77 View Post
    Good to hear that prices were dropping. I wonder how Brexit and the resulting weaker pound will effect this though?
    In the short term not much, because they're bought in pounds from China. In the longer term they'll get significantly cheaper beause we'll scrap the punitive Brussels-imposed import duties, and also because the manufacturing is very competitive and getting better - my personal guess on the underlying price fall is at least 15% per year, and perhaps twice that.

Quote Originally Posted by RGSP View Post
    In the short term not much, because they're bought in pounds from China. In the longer term they'll get significantly cheaper beause we'll scrap the punitive Brussels-imposed import duties, and also because the manufacturing is very competitive and getting better - my personal guess on the underlying price fall is at least 15% per year, and perhaps twice that.
    Fair assumption. I found this interesting reading: http://www.pv-magazine.com/news/deta...#axzz4I2TelnGM

Quote Originally Posted by Augusto77 View Post
    with the sharp fall in sterling i think the British economy will take a nasty jolt and br a riskier place to do business with

Hi,
    I am currently writing a dissertation on the uptake of microgeneration (small renewable energy systems). I have got a survey below and it would be really helpful if anyone could spare 5 minutes to fill it in! Ideally, I would get a mix of people who do and don't have microgeneration systems! The survey is anonymous!

https://goo.gl/forms/1OQTL3yWUDJMVs8M2

Thanks in advance!

Hector