Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Organic facing up to the reality of being Organic

Re: Organic facing up to the reality of being Organic

Quote Originally Posted by matbrojoe View Post
    I think you're rather clutching at straws with this line of argument.

sorry, nearly forgot. LOL.
    Yeah really funny isn't it!!! Funny how easy it is to ride on the organic marketing with a non Organic Product, loosely certified behind smoke and mirrors, laughing while you cash in on their stupidity hey!!!!!!

So no real argument for why it's allowed????

Surly the same logic means ALL natural milk (so all cows milk) can be called Organic!!!! Good idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Einstien View Post
    Yeah really funny isn't it!!! Funny how easy it is to ride on the organic marketing with a non Organic Product, loosely certified behind smoke and mirrors, laughing while you cash in on their stupidity hey!!!!!!
    I'm laughing at your stupidity, actually.

So no real argument for why it's allowed????
    I've explained why it's allowed, i'm going back to the pointing and laughing now.

Surly the same logic means ALL natural milk (so all cows milk) can be called Organic!!!! Good idea!!!
    you mean milk from cows that have been fed GM food? or forage treated with herbicides? that may have been kept inside all year round? or treated with prophylactic antibiotics?

I guess not then.

Quote Originally Posted by matbrojoe View Post
    you mean milk from cows that have been fed GM food? or forage treated with herbicides? that may have been kept inside all year round? or treated with prophylactic antibiotics?

I guess not then.
    Surly though if the straw you buy is still OK for the EU standards, as your describing it as "Natural" (when it could have all sorts of chemicals on it, totally un-traceable, the straw may even come from crops not grown for human consumption!! )... so again if this is acceptable and still qualifies as "Organic" Then the Milk that all the Conventional Farmers produce, which meets ALL the same product tests as yours and is 100% natural (just like the straw) is clearly Organic too!

I agree the irony is laughable, so is the fact that both you and sid just try to gloss over it by describing it as "natural" .

Re Antibiotic use and Herbicide use - at least on Conventional Farms this is known, recorded, traceable and every scientifically proven safe withhold period is adhered too (and tested at every milk collection). So probably better to have the milk from healthy protected cows, rather than cows that are sick and eating rubbish! Organic farmers are encouraged not to treat sick cows and have zero controls to ensure any of the claims around extended withhold are in place.

P.s. I guess the Natural Straw could come from GM Crops too - so Organic Farms probably full of GM material already!.