Thread: Meter discrepancy

Meter discrepancy

What time of day does everyone read their generating meter for submission to Ofgem ?

We have read ours at about 07:30 on the 1st of the month for 2 successive months but because the first reading had 7 hours at full power included and the second reading had 7 hours where nothing was being produced then the reading for export is actually higher than the generating figure which Ofgem cannot accept - should I simply create some figures which look acceptable or does anyone have a better idea.

The Export meter is read remotely on a Half Hourly basis.
    There are more engines killed through lack of water than through lack of oil

Re: Meter discrepancy

i wait to the electric company invoices me for the export and give the exact figure. invoice is normally 14 days after end of month

Quote Originally Posted by zsnotdead View Post
    i wait to the electric company invoices me for the export and give the exact figure. invoice is normally 14 days after end of month
    But we only had 48 hours to submit the figures
    There are more engines killed through lack of water than through lack of oil

Quote Originally Posted by Courier View Post
    But we only had 48 hours to submit the figures
    oh, we have 60 days

What time of day does everyone read their generating meter for submission to Ofgem ?

We have read ours at about 07:30 on the 1st of the month for 2 successive months but because the first reading had 7 hours at full power included and the second reading had 7 hours where nothing was being produced then the reading for export is actually higher than the generating figure which Ofgem cannot accept - should I simply create some figures which look acceptable or does anyone have a better idea.

Try reading the other one every half hour for a couple of days - maybe a pattern will emerge?

Surely it doesn't make a lot of difference over a longer period if you're a bit low one day or high the next.
    I read mine monthly and could easily be a day or 2 late(or more!!) as the novelty has worn off!

I don't understand how you can export more than you generate. If you read the meter at 7.30 one month and then at 7.30 the next month then the generation figure and the export figure should be broadly the same. That is assuming all the electric is exported, if you use some then the export figure will be lower. In a set period you cannot export more than you generate.

I have had a problem this month with OFGEM and my export figures. In my case they were reviewing my half hourly data and my submitted export readings were always higher than the meter operators export figures. The discrepancy in my case was because i was not reading the meter at midnight on the last day of the month like the meter operator.

I have been told to use the meter operators export figures, and not to use the figures from my readings. In any instance the export figure will never be accepted if it is higher than your generation figure.

If your already half hourly metered than you should be able to access that data the day after it has been collected. I don't know your meter operator. I'm with IMSERV and they have a web based software where you can bring up all your export and import reports for downloading into excel. That way the 1st of every month you should be able to read you meter from midnight on the last day of the month to midnight on the last day of the next month

Quote Originally Posted by grassmanman View Post
    Surely it doesn't make a lot of difference over a longer period if you're a bit low one day or high the next.
    I read mine monthly and could easily be a day or 2 late(or more!!) as the novelty has worn off!
    youll be on rocs,you have 60 days to put in readings, wait on invoice for exact figures,by the way who do you sell your electric to