Thread: **STOLEN** Two large milk pumps

**STOLEN** Two large milk pumps

Shropshire area, **STOLEN** Two large milk pumps, high value, please everyone in the industry keep your eyes peeled.... Thanks Elaine.

Re: **STOLEN** Two large milk pumps

Some more detail ;ie make, output would be useful ,an image would be even better. I hope they are found.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by skoda View Post
    Some more detail ;ie make, output would be useful ,an image would be even better. I hope they are found.
    That would also help those that are looking at local on-line adds

There's a photo in FarmWatcher's newsletter
    http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=0efd8be80e

British Farming Forum on Facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/BritishFarmingForum

Quote Originally Posted by slurrygirl View Post
    Shropshire area, **STOLEN** Two large milk pumps, high value, please everyone in the industry keep your eyes peeled.... Thanks Elaine.
    I saw the email - unbelievable crime. They would only suit a farmer with a big parlour. Are farmers really that hard up?
    Bright ideas for successful farming www.farmideas.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by farmideas View Post
    I saw the email - unbelievable crime. They would only suit a farmer with a big parlour. Are farmers really that hard up?
    Would they not have just been stolen for scrap or whats the reason to believe they'll be getting used as designed?

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_Knight View Post
    Would they not have just been stolen for scrap or whats the reason to believe they'll be getting used as designed?

It would depend on how much trouble the thieves went to to steal them i suppose, if they ignored other pikey scrap favourites like digger buckets, batteries and tractor weights that were left in the yard and made a beeline for these then perhaps one might assume they knew what they were looking for, OTOH if these pumps were the only things on site that could be easily removed and chucked in the back of a transit, you could well be right.

Metal thefts are down, and this is more to do with depressed scrap prices than any success with police initiatives or an end to cash payments IMO. These pumps would have stainless in them, and electric motors, but i'd be surprised if they'd break up for more than 50 or 60 quid at the most, depending on how heavy they are. I certainly think you have a point, and a ring round the local scrap yards might be worthwhile for the OP, though it's likely that if that is where they were heading then the thieves will have set about them with the sledge hammer to get the stainless and copper out of them.

Although they are stainless steel milk pumps, they will pump huge quantities of diesel quickly very well too :/ That's maybe their next project, the parasitic weasels!

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matbrojoe View Post
    It would depend on how much trouble the thieves went to to steal them i suppose, if they ignored other pikey scrap favourites like digger buckets, batteries and tractor weights that were left in the yard and made a beeline for these then perhaps one might assume they knew what they were looking for, OTOH if these pumps were the only things on site that could be easily removed and chucked in the back of a transit, you could well be right.

Metal thefts are down, and this is more to do with depressed scrap prices than any success with police initiatives or an end to cash payments IMO. These pumps would have stainless in them, and electric motors, but i'd be surprised if they'd break up for more than 50 or 60 quid at the most, depending on how heavy they are. I certainly think you have a point, and a ring round the local scrap yards might be worthwhile for the OP, though it's likely that if that is where they were heading then the thieves will have set about them with the sledge hammer to get the stainless and copper out of them.
    As you rightly say depends on the circumstances...........which I don't know