Thread: Potato agronomy

Potato agronomy

I have a handy acreage of spuds to look after this year. I understand the basics vaguely, though I am told the average potato grower knows more about potatoes than many agronomists. If anyone has any handy and dandy dos and don'ts I would very much appreciate if you shared them.It is not a major crop in my area for obvious reasons but I know you guys in the east have lots of them, but also agronomists who know what they are doing. I have no such luxury.

I have nearly every crop in the ground this year, but so far I have managed to avoid any of that horrible OSR stuff.

Thanks

Re: Potato agronomy

Mate,,,

i do t know which part to the "big mans parish" you cover, but there's rakes o spuds about,,,,, here In Somerset ,,, Branston don't have a factory here because they just feel like it !!!

Im sure some of the blokes you work with will point you right,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Hi Vern

Yeah I ring him up from time to time to get the low down, but he is a busy man as you know!

You are mistaking my bit of Somerset with the nice bit you reside in. I'm to the right of the bit that flooded. It didn't flood but it is not far off.

Are you able to get the day off on the 17th? Our open day is then, come along and take the pi$$ if you want, I'll be there. You can get your NOROSO points and a burger if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Hi Vern

Yeah I ring him up from time to time to get the low down, but he is a busy man as you know!

You are mistaking my bit of Somerset with the nice bit you reside in. I'm to the right of the bit that flooded. It didn't flood but it is not far off.

Are you able to get the day off on the 17th? Our open day is then, come along and take the pi$$ if you want, I'll be there. You can get your NOROSO points and a burger if nothing else.
    You be up. In the hills round radstock n that way ??? ,, will that be 17th o June at your Work??? If so NO,,, the wife n me will lying on the beach doing bugger n all,,,,,,,,,
    I don't do NOROSO,,,,,, ( yet) there's talk though of doing a course on spraying as our apple acerage is getting bigger n bigger,,, I sprayer can't keep up now whe it's busy,,,,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster