Thread: Adjuvants?

Adjuvants?

Having normally used a sticker product in along with MCPA my supplier has now recommended that I try a wetter product. This is mostly for spraying rushes. What product is best for the job or can I use both and reduce the amount of chemical?

Re: Adjuvants?

I'm not a spraying expert but I'm told fairy liquid(other washing up liquids are available!) works well.
    Have used it with roundup and other nettle sprays successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulscots View Post
    Having normally used a sticker product in along with MCPA my supplier has now recommended that I try a wetter product. This is mostly for spraying rushes. What product is best for the job or can I use both and reduce the amount of chemical?
    I use solar a lot. Sticker type product. Use it with all hormones and all the Dow products, works well and not stupid expensive.

I don't see the need for a wetter type product as MCPA, as with most hormones, it is heavily wetted anyway, hence the stench of it and how you can see it scorch foliage sometimes.

DO NOT add wetter or any kind of adjuvant to Cimarron or any of the grassland SUs.

Stiff mix on rushes is Staff 2,4D + Spear MCPA + Solar.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    I use solar a lot. Sticker type product. Use it with all hormones and all the Dow products, works well and not stupid expensive.

I don't see the need for a wetter type product as MCPA, as with most hormones, it is heavily wetted anyway, hence the stench of it and how you can see it scorch foliage sometimes.

DO NOT add wetter or any kind of adjuvant to Cimarron or any of the grassland SUs.

Stiff mix on rushes is Staff 2,4D + Spear MCPA + Solar.
    Ref last sentence...... What rate of each?

Typically 3L staff and 3L spear plus your adjuvant at the recommended rate.

Good steady spraying and good water volume.