Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small square baler.

Re: Small square baler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulscots View Post
    A man local to me has bought all his balers from Hamilton's for years, all New Holland too, he likes to keep his baler fresh, currently running a red NH 575 which cost 7.5k, previously a yellow NH 945. He has a good relationship with Douglas and would get a call now and again if an especially clean baler came in which might interest him which Hamiltons have been known to bring down and bale with for an hour or two so he sees it working. Personally, I've only dealt with them once and would have no hesitation going back.
    Aye, I get the impression he'd never see you stuck either.

Not much more than a quick nip over the Bann for me to get to him so paying a bit extra for the machine in this particular instance has quite an appeal.

Well, never let anyone accuse me of not being a patient man.

Only five days short of three years since I originally posted this (eek!) and yesterday evening I got me a baler!

Massey Ferguson 128, been on the farm I bought it off since 99, and they bought it off the man who'd owned it from new. Was originally sold by Pattison-Nutt's in Limavady so never been out of Northern Ireland.

Looks good, seems straight, men seemed sound. I'll stick a photo up when I get it home (might be a week or too though!).

Thanks for all excellent guidance provided during my search.

Quote Originally Posted by wrsni View Post
    Well, never let anyone accuse me of not being a patient man.

Only five days short of three years since I originally posted this (eek!) and yesterday evening I got me a baler!

Massey Ferguson 128, been on the farm I bought it off since 99, and they bought it off the man who'd owned it from new. Was originally sold by Pattison-Nutt's in Limavady so never been out of Northern Ireland.

Looks good, seems straight, men seemed sound. I'll stick a photo up when I get it home (might be a week or too though!).

Thanks for all excellent guidance provided during my search.
    My first student farm had one and it did 000s of bales per year.