Thread: taffy says - update on North Cotswolds rape trials

taffy says - update on North Cotswolds rape trials

With these warm dry days the osr the trials are now turning fast; next week I`ll probably start to pull selected plants from the breeding nursery. Despite spraying for them, we`ve a lot of seed weevil & thrip damage; we also have quite a lot of sterile sites on some of the later flowering types that were caught with some rain during mid flowering with poorer pollination. Keep a close eye on the variety `Advance`, it is at the moment the earliest ripening variety with seeds in our breeders multiplication turning light brown - not long now and remember -

there`s always been a harvest -
    taffy

Re: taffy says - update on North Cotswolds rape trials

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    With these warm dry days the osr the trials are now turning fast; next week I`ll probably start to pull selected plants from the breeding nursery. Despite spraying for them, we`ve a lot of seed weevil & thrip damage; we also have quite a lot of sterile sites on some of the later flowering types that were caught with some rain during mid flowering with poorer pollination. Keep a close eye on the variety `Advance`, it is at the moment the earliest ripening variety with seeds in our breeders multiplication turning light brown - not long now and remember -

there`s always been a harvest -
    taffy
    Taffy

Bearing in mind I am in the SW and not up your way, what do you think of SY Harnas and Campus?

Re: taffy says - update on North Cotswolds rape trials

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Taffy

Bearing in mind I am in the SW and not up your way, what do you think of SY Harnas and Campus?
    Taffy = what I`ve seen in trials both are good vars - Sy Harmas nice hybrid, I also like Harper as a hybrid.
    Campus - High output, but tall & later ripening than most other vars. Although not recommended and if you want an earlier start to the harvest try some Advance or Sundance to spread the harvest
    cheers
    Taffy