Thread: harvesting osr

harvesting osr

Any nearly or likely to be done over next few days.
    taffy

Re: harvesting osr

Not in our bit o Somerset, it was sprayed of today 15th,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

I saw some to the East along the A303 that had been dessicated, I reckon with some proper sunshine on it, they will be cutting ASAP.

Some winter barley has come off already near me. Mine is still clinging to life mostly down to fine weather and a rather later than planned application of a strobilurin containing fungicide.

Wheat is just starting to go up the forager chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    Not in our bit o Somerset, it was sprayed of today 15th,
    We swathed some of our rape seed mults a few days ago, then 3 days of drizzle, so we need a good bit of sun now to start up the combine on our earliest variety - Advance, - yield potential looks good, but despite what all the experts are saying in press after 40 years of harvesting osr, I`ll wait for the combine to tell me.
    Today we a had a visit from one of the top independent French cereal seed breeders they had a few days of temps 37c which brought the harvest forward, he said their WB harvest over - very good yields; peas over - rubbish yields; will start SB this week, WW next week, a lot of rape not harvested in his region of pays de Calais because the canopy is ready but stems still very green !!

There`s always been a harvest.