Thread: resetting service message on JD 6830P

resetting service message on JD 6830P

Like most folk I do most of the normal maintenance on my tractors. Yesterday whilst power harrowing down some ploughed ground the service light came on to say service due in twenty hours. Try as I might I could not reset it and did not want to stop work as I was intent on finishing the work and turning my tractor from green to whitey brown!

Would anyone kindly tell me how to reset this on my J Deere 6830p.

As the engine oil and filter was changed at a 330 hours interval about 5 hours back, yes I know normal is 500 hours - but I always change my cars and pick up's oil and oil filters at 3000 miles even the land rover gets the same and strangely the engine oil on our TD5 never changes colour or gets black) and the rest is not due for at least 800 hours!

I would appreciate any help as I don't really want to ask a JD stealer.

Re: resetting service message on JD 6830P

Now Then..
    If that's your opinion of your local dealer you must have had a bad experience. Someone calling us would be assisted with a solution, no problem, no charge. Therefore promoting harmony and future assistance and sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tractortech View Post
    Now Then..
    If that's your opinion of your local dealer you must have had a bad experience. Someone calling us would be assisted with a solution, no problem, no charge. Therefore promoting harmony and future assistance and sales.
    Tractortech, i have had some bad experiences in the past from a smaller dealer who is no longer a JD dealer, these ranged from having to hold the hand of thier technician who was unable to grasp basic rudiments and then was charged or tried to be charged 3 Hours when the chap was on farm for 43 minutes, This same firm was approached when my main dash failed, i ordered a new one - five weeks go by and I enquire to be told that I had never ordered it - then they admitted that they had forgotten to order it! Suffice to say I spoke to some one else on the Friday afternoon and by stroke of luck my old dash was collected and repaired by 10.00 AM the next morning - not by JD I suffice to say.

I have had some very good experiences also -as I now go to Farrols who appreciate that I am a fastidious so and so and sent me their best technician who takes a pride in his work to check my tractor over when I asked them about head gasket issues- likewise following a rare and bizarre accident when I drove my tractor into their yard the whole work shop turned out as they could not beleive my tractor was in such good condition. Likewise some firms are godd some useless I have a Mercedes SL which for the past 17 years belonged to a Formula one world champion with immpecable service history When I bought it and serviced it I found the heated washer jets wired the wrong way round, no filter in the power steering resovoir, and wait for it the fuel filter being fitted back to front! I still do not know how the car ran!! So as any mechanic will agree there are good and bad and if I can do I do - do it as I know its done by the book. Kind regards and sorry didn't mean to upset you!

Press the main menu key,press Performance monitor key (button has 123 on it ),press key that takes you to the next sub menu which takes you to
    implement settings and service intervals and reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Springador View Post
    Like most folk I do most of the normal maintenance on my tractors.

As the engine oil and filter was changed at a 330 hours interval about 5 hours back, yes I know normal is 500 hours - but I always change my cars and pick up's oil and oil filters at 3000 miles even the land rover gets the same and strangely the engine oil on our TD5 never changes colour or gets black) and the rest is not due for at least 800 hours!
    OCD?

Quote Originally Posted by grassmanman View Post
    OCD?
    My CDO is that bad I have to put absolutely everything into alphabetical order!

Ted, many thanks for the pointers - sorry for the delay been polishing my spanners and putting them all in order!