Thread: BREAKthru spray for flea beetle/slug supression

BREAKthru spray for flea beetle/slug supression

has any body used or heard of BREAKthru to control/suppression of flea beetle and slugs in osr. Salesman claimed lots had been used in Scotland didn,t know if it was just bulls... or it had some effect on these pests.

Re: BREAKthru spray for flea beetle/slug supression

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    has any body used or heard of BREAKthru to control/suppression of flea beetle and slugs in osr. Salesman claimed lots had been used in Scotland didn,t know if it was just bulls... or it had some effect on these pests.
    Sounds like utter BS, however, let me know the active ingredient and I'll find out for you.

Flea beetle and slugs are best controlled by one thing- VERY regular field walking. I'm talking every 3-5 days. If I can manage to walk everyone's maize once a week for two months no doubt the super-shiney 5/acre consultants out there can manage to do your OSR for a month, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Sounds like utter BS, however, let me know the active ingredient and I'll find out for you.

Flea beetle and slugs are best controlled by one thing- VERY regular field walking. I'm talking every 3-5 days. If I can manage to walk everyone's maize once a week for two months no doubt the super-shiney 5/acre consultants out there can manage to do your OSR for a month, too.
    No way will you kill enough by stepping on them, not even if you have size 14 feet and walk the fields daily.

Quote Originally Posted by NQIT View Post
    No way will you kill enough by stepping on them, not even if you have size 14 feet and walk the fields daily.
    You wha??

No. I mean walking fields and applying slug pellets or insecticide as appropriate. Old fashioned prescriptive agronomy. And I don't mean chucking them on every acre each time so you feel better about it.