Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: BREAKthru spray for flea beetle/slug supression

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    yorkshire
    Posts
    3

    BREAKthru spray for flea beetle/slug supression

    has any body used or heard of BREAKthru to control/suppression of flea beetle and slugs in osr. Salesman claimed lots had been used in Scotland didn,t know if it was just bulls... or it had some effect on these pests.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    2,820

    Re: BREAKthru spray for flea beetle/slug supression

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    has any body used or heard of BREAKthru to control/suppression of flea beetle and slugs in osr. Salesman claimed lots had been used in Scotland didn,t know if it was just bulls... or it had some effect on these pests.
    Sounds like utter BS, however, let me know the active ingredient and I'll find out for you.

    Flea beetle and slugs are best controlled by one thing- VERY regular field walking. I'm talking every 3-5 days. If I can manage to walk everyone's maize once a week for two months no doubt the super-shiney 5/acre consultants out there can manage to do your OSR for a month, too.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    127

    Re: BREAKthru spray for flea beetle/slug supression

    Quote Originally Posted by Uwork4menow View Post
    Sounds like utter BS, however, let me know the active ingredient and I'll find out for you.

    Flea beetle and slugs are best controlled by one thing- VERY regular field walking. I'm talking every 3-5 days. If I can manage to walk everyone's maize once a week for two months no doubt the super-shiney 5/acre consultants out there can manage to do your OSR for a month, too.
    No way will you kill enough by stepping on them, not even if you have size 14 feet and walk the fields daily.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    2,820

    Re: BREAKthru spray for flea beetle/slug supression

    Quote Originally Posted by NQIT View Post
    No way will you kill enough by stepping on them, not even if you have size 14 feet and walk the fields daily.
    You wha??

    No. I mean walking fields and applying slug pellets or insecticide as appropriate. Old fashioned prescriptive agronomy. And I don't mean chucking them on every acre each time so you feel better about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •