Thread: Redrock Vari Cut Paddle Feeder

Redrock Vari Cut Paddle Feeder

Currently running a Kuhn Euromix 1460, great machine but very expensive to keep running as she is getting older. Not a massive fan of tub mixers or Keenans either, but wanted to know any farmers experience of the redrock paddle machine, I need to hold about 5-5.5ton max, will have bales in her for about a month during the summer. Anybody using them???? How do they compare to other feeders, many thanks in advance.

Re: Redrock Vari Cut Paddle Feeder

I currently run a keenan and am a very big advocate of paddle feeders. From the research I have done the Redrock is a very sturdy and reliable machine and when the time comes to upgrade it will be top of my shopping list.

We bought one in 2003 (?)
    Although we sold the farm in 2007, the machine is still there feeding 200 cows every day

We did put some loose haylage in it once ..... never again ... blocked/wrapped round the unloading auger.

Redrock were taken to court by Keenan over that feeder and alleged copying. Was a good enough machine to get the green boys worried and as with all Redrock machinery the steel will be in it and well put together.
    I don't know of anyone who regretted buying Redrock machinery.

We had an 8 cube redrock paddle feeder for 15 years doing 3 loads daily and was never lined and never missed a beat good strong machine.
    Bought a new 16 cube vari cut 4 years ago feeding twice daily chopping beet, potatoes, straw and mixing meal daily never gave a problem,
    would buy again in the morning good strong machine

Cheers folks, Lorries how much does your 16cube hold of normal silage?? would u chance round bales in it at all?? I have to use them during summer months, but always cut them up with sheargrab...

Holds 5 to 6 ton depending on the mix, here we are feeding beef heifers usually feeds 150/160 a time.
    As for round bales we have chopped them in it but cut them in half with the shear grab first and will chop them no bother.
    I chop a lot of fodder beet also throw in 5/6 ton a time give it 20/25 mins and tip it out and will be 100% chopped.
    Good machine overall and service from the factory is spot on.