Thread: MF 135 Dual Brakes

MF 135 Dual Brakes

Trying to set brakes on my MF135 industrial, cant get a decent brake on the right side. Has anyone any advice on how to set up. Tried setting it with pedals latched and unlatched. New shoes and nearly new drums fitted just cant get her to stop especially with weight on her.

Re: MF 135 Dual Brakes

I take it you've jacked her up and adjusted the star wheel intill shoes are just touching the drum? You need to do this with both brake rods disconnected really. Then adjust rods to suit pedal height.
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

Hi Mur,
    Yeah took rod off got brake tight then re fitted the rod still not great, was wondering if when the 2 pedals are unlatched should they sit at the same height? . At the moment the right sits higher. I did try again today and noticed as slight bit of oil coming from the nuts on the back plate so I am hoping the half shaft seal hasn't gone as this was replaced by the garage when they redid the brakes. Looking into drum I think I can see said same oil on wheel adjuster so I am now thinking this is my problem oil on the brakes.

Now Then..
    Have you removed the wheels and brake drums to look at it all properly??

Morning,
    drum off ,everything got a lovely coat of oil, so call placed to local dealer to come and put right as don't want to take half shaft out myself and will take it from there.

These brakes can be difficult to set up even when all is well with no oil present, in my experience. I converted my MF 20 to standard brakes.