Thread: resin fixing in concrete

resin fixing in concrete

Does anyone have any experience in fixing studding into concrete using a resin fixing system. I've bought a two component resin cartridge and had the cartridge lock up on me after a couple of studs with none of resin that did come out setting. I got a replacement from supplier which did the same. I ve now got a full refund but still have the same eight m12 SS studs to fix after spending two afternoons on the project!

Re: resin fixing in concrete

We used it numerous times especially for fixing threaded bars into concrete when erecting steel for new sheds.

We bore all the holes then have one man filling with the compound and the other guy pushing the threaded bar into the hole after him.

If the cartridge still has compound in it, we dump the nozzle, wipe cartridge clean before putting the original cap back on to be used another day with a new nozzle.

The stuff has to be used straight away or it will set in the nozzle in minutes.

Make sure you are using the correct nozzle with that cartridge, one that has zig zags in it for mixing the two types of compound before it exits.

What he said ^
    We use it quite a bit, its good stuff but you have to be quick with it. we always have to pump it through the nozzle until it turn a darker grey colour then it's good to go. you get cartridges to fit a standard silicon gun also but you do need the big use once nozzles.
    "At the end of the day, I think it's going to get very dark."

I have used stuff called No Nonsense I think it was called. As has been said, you must wait until you are getting the grey, thoroughly mixed compound, out of the end of the nozzle before you start pushing it into the hole and then you must be quick with your bolts, ree-bar, or whatever you are fixing.

Thanks for the replies, good advice. With hind sight I think I was putting it in the holes to soon before it came out properly mixed.
    May be my farm made applicator gun made using bits of studding for the large type cartridge was not helping matters. It may of been twisting the piston in the cartridge.

Sometimes a farmer can be too tight with the pennies for his own good.

Did not have any confidence to buy another cartridge so bought a pack of 10 capsules instead, sharpened my studs to a flat point on the bench grinder locked two nuts on the end for a drill/socket connection and job is now done.

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/ima...lies/smile.gif

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

I've used it to stick M20 threaded bar into foundations to bolt the posts of a shed too. Amazing stuff and incredibly strong in a short time. I think the brand was something like chemiset. Not cheap though but cost effective on time saved. The trick is to have all the holes bored first and not be stopping in between holes. I bought the proper applicator gun and had no problems. You get a mixer with each tube but if you are using several tubes in quick succession the mixer tube can be transferred saving the spares for another day.