Thread: Manitou MLA 628

Manitou MLA 628

Hi everyone

Just got a Manitou mla 628 in with head gasket faliure. Had the head skimmed was just wonderin if anyone had the torque settings for head bolts and valve clearences

Re: Manitou MLA 628

There not torqued as such.

Done to something like 65nm or so then so many degrees and then so many degrees again. You want new bolts really

I will have the info somewere but there are at least 2 engines in mla 628. Is it a series 1, series 2 or 3?

Oh and I will bet money heat gasket blew cause it overheated. So you might want to look in to that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    There not torqued as such.

Done to something like 65nm or so then so many degrees and then so many degrees again. You want new bolts really

I will have the info somewere but there are at least 2 engines in mla 628. Is it a series 1, series 2 or 3?

Oh and I will bet money heat gasket blew cause it overheated. So you might want to look in to that too.

Its an 04 MLA628 LSU with the perkins 1100 series in it. It overheated because of a split hose and when i stripped it down the thermostat didn't look to good so I've put one of them on there order as well. if you have the torque settings and valve clearances that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ct28 View Post
    Its an 04 MLA628 LSU with the perkins 1100 series in it. It overheated because of a split hose and when i stripped it down the thermostat didn't look to good so I've put one of them on there order as well. if you have the torque settings and valve clearances that would be great.
    Sure I will somewere will try find them sometime today but they may be at work.

Found a full engine repair manual for the 1104 engine on my laptop PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

Hi,Is there anyone that knows where I could buy a Forward and reverse switch (egs controller) for an Mla 628?.
    Main dealer looking around 1500.00 for it!!.
    many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin McCann View Post
    Hi,Is there anyone that knows where I could buy a Forward and reverse switch (egs controller) for an Mla 628?.
    Main dealer looking around 1500.00 for it!!.
    many thanks.
    Afraid that is the price its actually 1735.11 retail so your already getting a good discount off it. I though i might have had a better price for you but i cant so i'm OUT.

Dont waste your time trying to repair it there a pain in the arse! everyone that has asked for one tries but very rare they succeed.