Thread: Welder Problem

Welder Problem

I have a migatronic 335 and am having some problems with wire feed. When I start welding there is always delay with the wire feed when I pull the trigger, sometimes the feed won't start until I make an arc with the wire. Sometimes it will be up to 10 seconds before the wire will start to feed. Once the welder is warmed up the problem goes away. It is not the wire feed motor because if I press the manual feed button on the welder the wire will always feed straight away without fail. Hopefully you know what I mean. I don't really know much about welders so the description probably isn't the best!

Re: Welder Problem

Do the basic stuff, starting with the torch switch and connections back up the lead, the leads panel connector. Any of these may have a resistance that "improves" once its warmed up???

Unplug the power and then take the side cover off. Have a look for anything odd but don't fiddle with things, then while your in there give it a good blow out with an air line- don't get too close to cause damage though.

If you still have the problem then you may need to find a good welding supplier who can do repairs? Could be the control board/box? At least its a well known make which is handy.

Ok thanks I will give the above a try. I am pretty sure it is not the torch because when I pull the trigger the gas comes on which makes me think it is a fault with the control board. I will give it a blow out and see what happens.

On my little Lincoln Mig, I find sometimes the Drive wheel gets mis-aligned / filled with crap and needs to be cleaned along with re-adjusting the tension on the spring.

If it was me I would try and borrow another torch to try on it first so that your 100% sure its not a bad contact on your trigger switch or a break in the wire in your torch.