Thread: Slurry store access ramp gradient?

Slurry store access ramp gradient?

Im looking to build a slurry store, out of concrete panels, it will be 12' deep and filled with sand laden slurry.

Im wanting to get in with the loadall and dual spreaders, how long will the ramp have to be sensible?

Tom

Re: Slurry store access ramp gradient?

Quote Originally Posted by BMEH View Post
    Im looking to build a slurry store, out of concrete panels, it will be 12' deep and filled with sand laden slurry.

Im wanting to get in with the loadall and dual spreaders, how long will the ramp have to be sensible?

Tom
    Well 1on1 will be 45degrees so 1 on 2 IIRC around 27 degrees? So 12 foot high, 24 across the bottom of the triangle, using pythagoras theorem 26.83 feet!!

google a pythagoras calculator to have a play with some fiqures
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

Hello thanks.

Sorry my question isn't very clear it should be what gradient will a loadall climb or a tractor pulling a spreader full and filthy?

I should easily come up a 1 in 2 gradient (27degrees), what we found when using slurry guzzlers was that the more slurry and shait you had on the ramp, the better it was for traction!! If you're ramp is too steep you'll run the risk of bottoming out on the ridge with the spreaders drawbar!!!

I've never measured our ramp but it will be on the plans but at 8 foot deep It's longer than 16', more like 20.

do a quick scale drawing on a piece of paper, 1cm for every foot, will give you a guide then.
    Ond lle bu'r arad' ar y ffridd Yn rhywgo'r gwanwyn pr o'r pridd

Quote Originally Posted by Mur Huwcun View Post
    I should easily come up a 1 in 2 gradient (27degrees), what we found when using slurry guzzlers was that the more slurry and shait you had on the ramp, the better it was for traction!! If you're ramp is too steep you'll run the risk of bottoming out on the ridge with the spreaders drawbar!!!

I've never measured our ramp but it will be on the plans but at 8 foot deep It's longer than 16', more like 20.

do a quick scale drawing on a piece of paper, 1cm for every foot, will give you a guide then.
    using your 8' deep with a 20' ramp, 12' deep would need a 30' ramp.

So, using (AxA)+(BxB)=(CxC), where A=12 and C=30, B would equal about 27.5'