Thread: Case IH 795 Tractor

Exclamation Case IH 795 Tractor

My arms do not appear to go down as far as they should! With the draft level down and the hydraulic level down - the arms stop about 1 ft above the ground. The assist ram appears to still have 4" left bare! Is there something I need to adjust? Connectimg a landleveller or buckrake is impossible because they will not sit on the ground.

Re: Case IH 795 Tractor

Have you had the lift rods disconnected from the arms for some reason?

Fitting the clevis back onto the arm, a half turn out, will have that effect.

I have a 885 and one of the lift rods get stuck on the pin. And stops it . Worth cheeking.

I have a 895 and one of the lift rods get stuck on the pin. And stops it . Worth cheeking.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    I have a 895 and one of the lift rods get stuck on the pin. And stops it . Worth cheeking.
    I notice that the back level across from the PTO lever is stuck. I wonder how to free it and would it allow the arms to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by flagstaffview View Post
    I notice that the back level across from the PTO lever is stuck. I wonder how to free it and would it allow the arms to drop?
    Is that the hitch release lever? If so lift hydraulics fully, push lever down, hold and lower hydraulics. See how you go.

Unhappy Re: Case IH 795 Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Ulscots View Post
    Is that the hitch release lever? If so lift hydraulics fully, push lever down, hold and lower hydraulics. See how you go.
    I freed up all the levers and no difference.

I removed the "assist ram" and in doing so - the arms dropped to about 8" ftom the floor!

I thought this was it fixed, but when I put a "stop end" into the supply hose to this Assist Ram and started the tractor the "Full Down" is once again level with the towbar.

So back to square 1

Louis

Quote Originally Posted by flagstaffview View Post
    I freed up all the levers and no difference.

I removed the "assist ram" and in doing so - the arms dropped to about 8" ftom the floor!

I thought this was it fixed, but when I put a "stop end" into the supply hose to this Assist Ram and started the tractor the "Full Down" is once again level with the towbar.

So back to square 1

Louis
    When you let oil out of the assister ram/internal lift ram & because the linkage drops down further then you know its not a problem with those components, sounds like you have a setup/adjustment issue with the control lever/rods/internal linkage to the actual control valve??

Can't be any more help as caseIH experience is virtually non-existant

I agree with footsfitter
    It sounds like an external/internal linkage or adjustment problem.
    I suggest you start by looking under the r/h/s behind the rear wheel, get someone to operate both the position lever & draft lever, you should can see the linkage moving sort of above & behind the aux valves.
    Part of this linkage is turnbuckles with a check but & left/right handed thread. I have seen these come loose & go out of adjustment.
    If necessary remove links & see if you can move the rods to lower the link arms.
    Also have a look under the cab panels where the levers are in case something is jamming linkage in that area.

Probably completely unrelated but I had the opposite once with the arms not raising properly. A guy called Alex from staffs (also worked for JCB) talked me through (895XL) removing a plate on the top cover cover to access an adjusting linkage/bolt (10mm) to allow full travel. CRAFT prevents me from knowing what it was but I did follow his tip of cable tying the spanner to my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapples View Post
    I agree with footsfitter
    It sounds like an external/internal linkage or adjustment problem.
    I suggest you start by looking under the r/h/s behind the rear wheel, get someone to operate both the position lever & draft lever, you should can see the linkage moving sort of above & behind the aux valves.
    Part of this linkage is turnbuckles with a check but & left/right handed thread. I have seen these come loose & go out of adjustment.
    If necessary remove links & see if you can move the rods to lower the link arms.
    Also have a look under the cab panels where the levers are in case something is jamming linkage in that area.

Worth looking.

I have a workshop manual and it shows on some models a DEPT STOP but I cannot see it on my tractor. I have removed the plastic cover for the levers and applied plenty of lub oil to the linkages.

Smile Re: Case IH 795 Tractor

Thanks - I eventually got around to sorting the problem.
    I removed the adjustable rod on the Lifting Lever and moved the Action piece by hand. The arms dropped the full way. So I re connected the lever keeping the rod as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Probably completely unrelated but I had the opposite once with the arms not raising properly. A guy called Alex from staffs (also worked for JCB) talked me through (895XL) removing a plate on the top cover cover to access an adjusting linkage/bolt (10mm) to allow full travel. CRAFT prevents me from knowing what it was but I did follow his tip of cable tying the spanner to my wrist.
    Alex lives just down the road from me. he knows a lot about IH tractors, it's a small world.

Quote Originally Posted by matbrojoe View Post
    Alex lives just down the road from me. he knows a lot about IH tractors, it's a small world.
    A very helpful first class guy but have lost touch. I believe he got his knuckles rapped by an employer for a post on a forum (he was just trying to help someone IIRR) and stopped posting.