Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Scottish LFASS Scheme letter.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    921

    Scottish LFASS Scheme letter.

    WTF?????? Anyone else got one this morning? Has your brain exploded yet?

    For the benefit of those who haven't, I would summarise it. But I wouldn't know where to start

    They've excelled themselves this time

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    over the edge
    Posts
    55

    Re: Scottish LFASS Scheme letter.

    have they mentiond how much your getting or a date when it arrives ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member sprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    North Scotland
    Posts
    284

    Re: Scottish LFASS Scheme letter.

    They think they are doing us a favour. I imagine all the dross on the letter is to comply with EU rules.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scottish Islands
    Posts
    107

    Re: Scottish LFASS Scheme letter.

    Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    WTF?????? Anyone else got one this morning? Has your brain exploded yet?

    For the benefit of those who haven't, I would summarise it. But I wouldn't know where to start

    They've excelled themselves this time
    Complete gobledigook! Had to phone them to see what on earth they're talking about. Turns out they are using 2014's figures to calculate it, so it might be inaccurate. If they overpay you, you will need to pay interest on the difference.
    So, that's two sentences at most. Can't account for the rest.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NB Canada
    Posts
    733

    Re: Scottish LFASS Scheme letter.

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Complete gobledigook! Had to phone them to see what on earth they're talking about. Turns out they are using 2014's figures to calculate it, so it might be inaccurate. If they overpay you, you will need to pay interest on the difference.
    So, that's two sentences at most. Can't account for the rest.
    If "they" miscalculate YOU have to pay a penalty (interest)?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scottish Islands
    Posts
    107

    Re: Scottish LFASS Scheme letter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    If "they" miscalculate YOU have to pay a penalty (interest)?
    Yes that's correct.
    You can opt for the alternative, which is they don't pay you anything until their computer glitch is sorted, then they pay you very late but you don't get any interest for the delay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •