Thread: A bit of gardening.

A bit of gardening.

We had a garden hedge that was covered in ivy until 12 months ago when I removed it. It looked very sickly so I decided to lay it and let it take it's chances. Being a garden hedge it was all tangled up at the top and very leggy and thin because of the ivy which had been choking it for years and it meant that no small birds could use it for nesting. I shall let it grow up and hopefully thicken out so that with the nearby bird table we can make it more inviting for nesting.

Last edited by zaza; 16-03-16 at 07:44 AM.

Re: A bit of gardening.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    We had a garden hedge that was covered in ivy until 12 months ago when I removed it. It looked very sickly so I decided to lay it and let it take it's chances. Being a garden hedge it was all tangled up at the top and very leggy and thin because of the ivy which had been choking it for years and it meant that no small birds could use it for nesting. I shall let it grow up and hopefully thicken out so that with the nearby bird table we can make it more inviting for nesting.

Give it a 12 month and that will look a treat,,, well maybe 2 year
    nicework
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Thanks BV, very kind of you to say so. We also have a few other friends for breakfast every morning. And before anyone asks I haven't shot a long tail for 30-ish years. We don't like them to eat and would rather eat a partridge any day but they are a bit scarce so we leave them alone. That's the one end of the layed hedge in bottom left corner before I started on it.

Mate
    there's supper for a week eating all that bird seed
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Went off them years ago. Always seemed tough to me. I reckoned they might be O.K. in a stew !