Thread: j silk agri grassland subsoiler

j silk agri grassland subsoiler

Hi Iam looking in to grassland subsoilers and have looked at a browns one but I have found one for quite a bit cheaper. It is made by j silk agri. Has anyone got any equipment off them because I was wanting to Know how well made they are. If anyone has any information on j silk or grassland sub soilers in general it would be great.
    thanks

Re: j silk agri grassland subsoiler

Quote Originally Posted by v46 View Post
    Hi Iam looking in to grassland subsoilers and have looked at a browns one but I have found one for quite a bit cheaper. It is made by j silk agri. Has anyone got any equipment off them because I was wanting to Know how well made they are. If anyone has any information on j silk or grassland sub soilers in general it would be great.
    thanks
    There was a contractor advertising in the "Farmer" paper for my area. Think his name is Andrew Dutton? Understand he does grassland subsoiling & you can hardly tell he's been.... Not used him myself but know someone who was working on a farm he did the grassland on. Maybe someone on here knows more about the machine he uses?

Apart from that I tend to subsoil between one lay & the next being sown but have thought about it myself

I have opico always does a good job much better with the winged points on it.

Never used one so maybe talking out of my hat but what sort of a job would a Paraplough do with not too much lift on it.

Paraplow does a good job lifting the soil but leaves bit of a 'saw-tooth' effect and you really need to roll it after, even if it's just a grazing field.
    We actually pull a small concrete filled roller (centre one from a triple gang) on a long drawbar behind the paraplow. It's a bit of a faf when turning but a paraplow has to work in lands anyway, so it's not too bad