Thread: Cattle Investing shares

Cattle Investing shares

Hello,

Have had this idea for awhile and just looking for some advise, I want to a small amount of my savings into Cattle ranch investing ( shares in cattle rearing and breeding not the company) just wondering has anyone done this in the past or currently doing it ? Any feedback would be great !!

Re: Cattle Investing shares

Quote Originally Posted by SHEPARD16 View Post
    Hello,

Have had this idea for awhile and just looking for some advise, I want to a small amount of my savings into Cattle ranch investing ( shares in cattle rearing and breeding not the company) just wondering has anyone done this in the past or currently doing it ? Any feedback would be great !!
    Rather naively perhaps I'd never even realised this is a thing . I'm assuming you mean the USA but if the EU trade deal with the South American countries comes off investing down there may be profitable (at least someone would benefit from it then!). Having said that whether you'd ever see your money again may be a worry too.

I'm not tempted myself but any links?
    Stay in Northamptonshire - meadowviewcottages.co.uk

Not something I'd heard of either. Perhaps one of the Mods could move this thread to the main section and you might get a better response

Don't invest at all, but at the very least, only invest what you can afford to lose.

Thanks guys,

thanks for the comments, I will move this thread to another section.

I don't think cattle should be allowed to buy shares

Quote Originally Posted by Huffy View Post

Is that your coat over there by the window

Plenty of people are happy to buy insurance from meercats, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    Plenty of people are happy to buy insurance from meercats, so why not?
    Ha , it was a poor attempt at humour , sorry

Ha , it was a poor attempt at humour , sorry
    I wasn't being entirely serious either. You do know the meerkats aren't real, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    I wasn't being entirely serious either. You do know the meerkats aren't real, right?
    But meercats exsist so why are they not real?

I wish I hadn't mentioned them now

Quote Originally Posted by SHEPARD16 View Post
    Hello,

There was a craze for this in the 1970's when everyone knew that farmers were fabulously wealthy and nothing could go wrong investing in Beef
    I think the idea must have come from the states where individual feedlot owners would allow you to purchase cattle from them ( that they had bought in the market)
    They then fattened the beast and you would then get the profit from selling the animal, less of course the feedlot operators costs.
    I believe at one time it was practised on a wide scale allowing feedlot operators to expand rapidly.
    I know some farmers tried it here, probably the only ones who ever made real money, from beef cattle.
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    There was a craze for this in the 1970's when everyone knew that farmers were fabulously wealthy and nothing could go wrong investing in Beef
    I think the idea must have come from the states where individual feedlot owners would allow you to purchase cattle from them ( that they had bought in the market)
    They then fattened the beast and you would then get the profit from selling the animal, less of course the feedlot operators costs.
    I believe at one time it was practised on a wide scale allowing feedlot operators to expand rapidly.
    I know some farmers tried it here, probably the only ones who ever made real money, from beef cattle.

Not the same beast (!) but I remember going to the Smithfield show the year the Ostrich "farming" craze broke out, they had them penned up at Earls Court trying to get punters interested, lasted a couple of years IIRC? before the bubble burst. Didn't a lot of investors get burnt over it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Not the same beast (!) but I remember going to the Smithfield show the year the Ostrich "farming" craze broke out, they had them penned up at Earls Court trying to get punters interested, lasted a couple of years IIRC? before the bubble burst. Didn't a lot of investors get burnt over it all?
    It was what you would now call a scam ,with the laws we have now there would be jail sentences. The mortality rate for Ostrich is extremely high ,very few reach what in Ostrich terms is regarded old age.
    Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.