Thread: 7840 sle Gearbox rebuild

7840 sle Gearbox rebuild

Hi , I need a step by step manual how to put a 7840sle powershift gearbox back together , I have stripped it to replace the clutch parts but would like to follow the manual to rebuikd it . Does anyone know where I can get one or does anyone have a digital copy ?
    Much appreciated .

Re: 7840 sle Gearbox rebuild

http://www.tractormanuals.co.uk/acat...Holland_2.html

The second manual in the list is what I used.Invaluable for fault codes and such like too.
    Out of interest,how are you going to replace the seals that the piston slides over in the middle of the clutch baskets? They are so easily damaged and need to be fitted with a resizer tool.I used a piston ring clamp but wasn't successful on the first attempt and had to remove the gearbox for a second stripdown to address the problem. If I ever had another to do,I would be speaking nicely to a NH dealer fitter to see if he would do that bit with the correct tools.Those guys should also know the correct amount of shimming that the clutch packs require on rebuild.I used a dial gauge but it was a bit of a faff!

Re: 7840 sle Gearbox rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by agrimax View Post
    http://www.tractormanuals.co.uk/acat...Holland_2.html

The second manual in the list is what I used.Invaluable for fault codes and such like too.
    Out of interest,how are you going to replace the seals that the piston slides over in the middle of the clutch baskets? They are so easily damaged and need to be fitted with a resizer tool.I used a piston ring clamp but wasn't successful on the first attempt and had to remove the gearbox for a second stripdown to address the problem. If I ever had another to do,I would be speaking nicely to a NH dealer fitter to see if he would do that bit with the correct tools.Those guys should also know the correct amount of shimming that the clutch packs require on rebuild.I used a dial gauge but it was a bit of a faff!

Sold the genuine NH 40 series manuals a long time ago. As for the tools- that was in the days of John Wilder Ltd Reading who loaned me their tooling