Thread: welger 445

welger 445

we have got welger 435 been very good.looking at swaping to the 445 but they have brought out this v160.so have welger stopped making the 445 and I have heard a few bad reports on the 445.does any body know anything about this.many thanks for any comments.

Re: welger 445

I run a 445 Tornado baler wrapper combi,don't know if feed system makes any difference as the tornado has a 900mm feed rotor but awesome appitite ,I had a welger 420 years ago and hated it so was reluctant to go welger again but this goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by norse View Post
    I run a 445 Tornado baler wrapper combi,don't know if feed system makes any difference as the tornado has a 900mm feed rotor but awesome appitite ,I had a welger 420 years ago and hated it so was reluctant to go welger again but this goes well!
    What's the wrapper unit like on them

Wrapping system works well,quite fast,can do a bale in 40 seconds with 6 layers of wrap,looks more complex than it is.

Wrapping system works well,quite fast,can do a bale in 40 seconds with 6 layers of wrap,looks more complex than it is.
    We Have a welger and a mchale here.
    I'd take the welger any day over it.
    A 235 and a 550.
    I'd like to see a tornado vs a fusion

Pulled mine last year with my TM 190,if pushed hard enough in a good crop rowed up with the 8 m rake the engine on the tractor could be pulled down without fear of blocking the baler,obviously we had to slow down to enable the wrapper to keep up but 70 bales an hour easy enough I have not seen a fusion vario going but I am sure they are some machine,I don't buy new so choice is limited by availability,no regrets.

WP_20150701_003.jpg

Replaced tractor this year for a Massey Ferguson 7495 ,hopefully vario transmission will suit better.

WP_20150701_003.jpg

Replaced tractor this year for a Massey Ferguson 7495 ,hopefully vario transmission will suit better.

Thats a fine rig out.
    Them 74 series have come down in value lately into a more affordable bracket