Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transmission problems on new MF6615

Transmission problems on new MF6615

The tractor seems to have its own mind about gear changes. Driving along in 3A and want to drop to 2D so hit any of the three buttons to do it and it goes to 2A. Dealer said all of the new ones in his yard do the very same. Is this how Mf really works?

Re: Transmission problems on new MF6615

On the 6400 series you can alter speed changes and stuff using the RH stalk's little keypad- our drill man knows more about the foibles of, I've jumped in them during corncart after bored steering wheel attendants have been fiddling, got confused and exited the setup- missed gears and the sort of thing your on about possibly? Are the 6600 series similar??

I am a NH man who dipped my foot in the MF well or quagmire depending on how u look at it! Our dealer has no idea why this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by GALCAM View Post
    I am a NH man who dipped my foot in the MF well or quagmire depending on how u look at it! Our dealer has no idea why this is happening.
    What transmission has it dyna4, dyna6 or the variable type??

Dyna 4. It does not seem right that when I want to slow the tractor by say 1 .5km by dropping a gear it decides to drop 4 years and 5 mms or more. Mowing or baleing would be a nightmare if this is how it's going to work.

Probably a silly question, but I take it you're not using the clutch? We have an older dyna4 that seems to pick gears at random if you use the clutch while changing - particularly if going from forward to reverse at the clamp for example.

Not using clutch and mechanic says all new ones at dealership do the same. A mate of his in the uk says this is not the case in the uk! Wish some Mf tech was on here.

Not using clutch and mechanic says all new ones at dealership do the same. A mate of his in the uk says this is not the case in the uk! Wish some Mf tech was on here.
    Your title says "New MF6615" If thats the case then you should approach your dealer and request the area man from MF/Agco pay you a visit, they should be more than happy to help you out. Thats what they are there for, I expect this thread will of been spotted but most dealers and manufacturers prefer customers to deal with them direct and avoid open forums like the plague for good reasons.

The dealer is doing what they can I assume to figure this out but have not got to the bottom of it. I want to know from someone with a dyna 4 Mf 6615 or similar if there tractor is doing the same. That's all. I'm not trying to throw dirt at any brand. Hope that clears things up.

The dealer is doing what they can I assume to figure this out but have not got to the bottom of it. I want to know from someone with a dyna 4 Mf 6615 or similar if there tractor is doing the same. That's all. I'm not trying to throw dirt at any brand. Hope that clears things up.
    Sometimes something like this just requires someone who is more up to speed with the product and its always worth asking further up the chain, some dealers will help, others seem just to bat you off. I'd just politely ask if someone up the chain could look at the "problem"

As I said I believe there doing that but I thought someone on here may have had the same experience.

I'm assuming its a Dyna 4??

Usually in transport mode on my D6 6470 if you drop down from say 3A, it misses out 2F and goes to 2E for example. Never really noticed my D6 6616. Will have a check today.

Yes it's a dyna 4.

Presumably you are getting it warmed up properly, and still seeing this behaviour?

They can behave as you describe when cold, and usually behave as you'd prefer when warm.

Could it be that a temperature sensor is faulty, and the computer is being more cautious thinking the transmission is still cold?
    Just guessing, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Presumably you are getting it warmed up properly, and still seeing this behaviour?

They can behave as you describe when cold, and usually behave as you'd prefer when warm.

Could it be that a temperature sensor is faulty, and the computer is being more cautious thinking the transmission is still cold?
    Just guessing, mind.
    Welcome back.
    👍

Yes it happens when warm, when ploughing, power harrowing, spraying or moving around the yard!!

would it be speed matching whereby it tried to pick most appropriate gear for you or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by vanderbadger View Post
    would it be speed matching whereby it tried to pick most appropriate gear for you or something like that?
    I thought that at first when I read the OP but it wouldn't go from 3A to 2A, more like 3A to 2E.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderz View Post
    I thought that at first when I read the OP but it wouldn't go from 3A to 2A, more like 3A to 2E.
    When I opened the cage and fed the drill man at lunchtime, I raised the subject of this thread and he reminded me of one trait the 6400 series have where if you are not careful at junctions the unwary can manually knock down the preset gearchange and it get programmed into the system, then you can't figure out why it's arse'ing around until you figure out whats happened. I know its not exactly what the OP asked, but some of this stuff at first or when your a occasional driver can be their worst enemy.

At least with the two 6400's we have the unsure can set the twiddly knob to manual and then work up and down the gears old powershift style.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    When I opened the cage and fed the drill man at lunchtime, I raised the subject of this thread and he reminded me of one trait the 6400 series have where if you are not careful at junctions the unwary can manually knock down the preset gearchange and it get programmed into the system, then you can't figure out why it's arse'ing around until you figure out whats happened. I know its not exactly what the OP asked, but some of this stuff at first or when your a occasional driver can be their worst enemy.

At least with the two 6400's we have the unsure can set the twiddly knob to manual and then work up and down the gears old powershift style.
    On my 6470 if driver is a bit brake happy it gives a Error 140 High Brake Pressure for 50k gearbox, everything is fine until tractor is stopped then when started again, it resets the gear pre-set only in transport mode to 2D & 2D and changes the Autodrive max preset to 3A. Dealer had 5 years now and couldn't sort it out. Happened on one of my 6470's then when I got my new 6616 the other driver got the 6470 that I had that was fine, now it happens on that one, the only common denominator is the style of driving.

Anyone have chance to check if there Dyna 4 goes from 3A to 2A when u expect it to go to 2D? Also where and how to program the sv1 and sv2 buttons? Want to preset engine Rev for baleing and cannot figure how to do it?

Did you not get an operator's manual for the tractor? Surely with such a complicated machine it would be worth spending a few nights reading through it and familiarising yourself with all the controls. It is amazing some of the little tips and tricks you can learn in those books

I have read the manual as has my fitter and the salesman but cannot figure out these issues. The screen to configure the SV1 SV2 Values appears momentarily after you push the SV1 button immediately after starting the tractor but disappears in one second. The Salesman and massey mechanic have no idea what is going on. The downchanges from 3A to 2A happen all the time but the downshift from 2D to 2C is perfect. Is this how Dyna 4 Transmissions work? Another thing that annoys me is the EC, DC and NN codes popping up on the display when you want to start off but it just sits there doing nothing until you cycle the clutch and shuttle. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of all this before the warrenty runs out!

I have read the manual as has my fitter and the salesman but cannot figure out these issues. The screen to configure the SV1 SV2 Values appears momentarily after you push the SV1 button immediately after starting the tractor but disappears in one second. The Salesman and massey mechanic have no idea what is going on. The downchanges from 3A to 2A happen all the time but the downshift from 2D to 2C is perfect. Is this how Dyna 4 Transmissions work? Another thing that annoys me is the EC, DC and NN codes popping up on the display when you want to start off but it just sits there doing nothing until you cycle the clutch and shuttle. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of all this before the warrenty runs out!
    Try the blue dealer for a demonstrator and have it carefully planned to be there when the red salesman/fitter are next going to be in your yard!

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

What's really needed is an online petition to get Hitachi to make tractors then they can wipe out the majority of the complacent European manufacturers like they did with excavators.

NN codes etc.....
    I am not an expert. But do drive them occasionally.....are you sure you are using the correct sequence when you start the tractor? I know this can have an effect........3A to 2A. Something to do with settings I think....you can set the gear that is chosen by the tractor as "let's start off in this gear". It's the one that catches you out on the road waiting to pull out at junction, you see a gap and set off, only to discover you are in 1A with traffic rapidly approaching.
    As I said I am no expert. Just an occasional driver.

Our dynashift4 seems to "speed match" so if you drop down from 3A it can go to any of 2A,B,C or D dependent on load or gradient. Is there anything in the manual about turning that on or off. I am just an occasional driver so not sure how to alter or adjust anything.

Quote Originally Posted by collies View Post
    Our dynashift4 seems to "speed match" so if you drop down from 3A it can go to any of 2A,B,C or D dependent on load or gradient. Is there anything in the manual about turning that on or off. I am just an occasional driver so not sure how to alter or adjust anything.
    Something about being in Transport or Field work mode comes to mind as well.

By googling "dynashift speed matching" I found part of a thread on another forum that suggested speed matching was something that could only be turned off via laptop, which would make you think that the dealer or mechanic could do likewise to turn it on. Seems too obvious for as many people to have tried and failed to cure your problem though.

I drove a clients new 3cyl Dyna 4 Mf on Saturday and it does the same thing. In this case I picked up a bale on the back and then one on the front loader and headed up the field. Nearing the entrance to the storage area I wanted to drop down from 3a to 2d but I was dropped into 2a. I used to think the NH sle box and indeed the range command box was bad but this sucks! Still no ide how to program sv buttons to throttle up and down without using hand throttle.