Thread: Matbro TS300 hydraulic hose caging?

Matbro TS300 hydraulic hose caging?

Guys,

I have a Matbro TS300 for doing general lifting and repairs to sheds when required on the farm. There should be a cage (or energy chain as some companies call it) inside the boom of the loader that keeps the hydraulic hoses organised and allows them to roll like a track when jibbing out and back in. This cage has broken away over time in mine and now the hoses keep balling when extending the jib.

Anyone have any ideas where I would get this caging? Or are there telescopic's out there that have a similar setup that I could get this part from.

cheers.

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Re: Matbro TS300 hydraulic hose caging?

I think what you are referring to is what is called energy chain or drag chain. Sometimes there is a makers name stamped onto it along with the specific model. Ideally you want to replace like for like as it's less potential hassle. Failing that contact one or two of the makers and ask for help selecting something suitable for your application. By chance I fitted a new one to an industrial robot last Saturday. Most designs can be unzipped or opened so you don't have break to feed the pipes / cables through so it pays to read the installation guide and they need to be fitted straight or they self destruct.

http://www.igus.co.uk/energychains?W...t%20Classes%29

http://www.igus.com/wpck/3821/designing_filling?C=US

There are plenty of different makers but with igus you know what you are getting unlike some Chinese clone.

RS do an offering but it might not be big enough for you. Put in your size from the drop down menu and see if anything suits. Bought in the right place it's not too dear.
    I nearly forgot one of the most important things, you usually need one each of the two special end pieces which are sold separately. These secure the chain to the frame and are not interchangeable from one end to the other. You will see the difference in them if you type in rs part number 741-7584 The ends must match the chain series and you can join as many one metre lengths or links as you need. The comb on the end pieces is to secure the pipe or cable usually with cable ties. it's critical for longevity that there are no crossovers or kinks in the hoses or cables inside the chain. A half arsed installation doesn't last too long. Probably wise to fit new hoses as well if they've been balled up.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/cables...26&r=f&sra=oss

thanks for the reply and links TP.

I have looked for a manufacture name or serial number on the bits of the chain that are left but can't see anything. The chain looks as if it was made up of light aluminium rods crossing over and under the hoses into a plastic spine on either side of the hoses.

I was hoping someone on this forum might have replaced this in a TS300 before and could tell me where I could pick up the correct chain. I might just have to pull the boom sections out and spec one up with igus.

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Might be worth a look through ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...chain&_sacat=0

also if you try great exportations they might be able to provide something that they know fits.

http://www.greatexportations.com/index.html

The bending radius will be fairly critical if it's inside the boom.

We run 2 300s fantastic machines, we have had a problem with Mr snakey as we call it, we got the first lot from a supplier, then googled the name on the side and went direct to maker and it was a third of the price, don't use it without it or all you'll do is mess the pipes up, you can change it without splitting the booms, I'll get you some info on where to buy this and other parts, if you have starting problems there is an uprated starter motor.

Thanks TP. The great exportations link is a handy one to know, cheers.

Hi HotBed.
    If you could send me on where you got the chain the second time around with the make and model number it would be great as I'd prefer to have the part before I start working on it. I guess I'd disconnect the hydraulic hoses at the back of the boom and pull the tray that the hoses are clamped to out the back in order to install the chain instead of pulling the boom sections apart? It'd be tight trying to fix the chain on the bucket end of the hoses by the looks of it though. I've had no issues with it starting to be fair. Always starts first tip of the key....so far!