Thread: At the Vets

At the Vets

Our local Vet is 95% farm animals with a few cats & dogs & domestic pets.
    I asked him if they ever dealt with exotics, he said "very rarely".

A few weeks ago a guy phoned to say he'd found an escaped exotic snake, and took it in. He tipped out of a pillow case a very pissed off fully grown Adder onto the examination table.

The 2 Vet nurses screamed and ran off, the Vet said he had an "interesting few minutes chasing the Adder around the surgery" before releasing it into some nearby field!

I don't DO snakes even on TV programs

Re: At the Vets

Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

At a village fete yesterday an exotic rescue stall had a 20' albino python roaming about on the grass for all to stroke. A livlier 5' python was getting draped over people for photos. It would have only taken a short spell of inattention and one could have "legged" it through a hedge into the next field and away.

Quote Originally Posted by WIZZO View Post
    Our local Vet is 95% farm animals with a few cats & dogs & domestic pets.
    I asked him if they ever dealt with exotics, he said "very rarely".

A few weeks ago a guy phoned to say he'd found an escaped exotic snake, and took it in. He tipped out of a pillow case a very pissed off fully grown Adder onto the examination table.

The 2 Vet nurses screamed and ran off, the Vet said he had an "interesting few minutes chasing the Adder around the surgery" before releasing it into some nearby field!

I don't DO snakes even on TV programs
    Ah now that proper made me laugh,,,, makes you wonder how said bloke caught "the exotic beast" to start with, used to see the odd adder on different military training areas usually sunning them selves,, best left alone I'd say they do no harm,, seen a few other snakes in different parts of the world,, they are defiantly best left alone,,,, certainly wouldn't be picking em up,,,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

Passed the story on to my friend who is a small animal vet.....he reckoned he would have been out the door with the nurses!
    He does have high survival instincts though!

Scotland, land of the free home of the brave

In the days when we were allowed to bury deadstock on farm I had left a few dead ewes at the gate to the yard with the intention to bury at the dead hole when the biz of lambing calmed down. That afternoon a 'toonie' can rushing into the lambing shed in quite a pickle and told me to come quick and try and help a couple of ewes that were clearly in difficulty. He also advised that I had better get the vet pdq. Follow me he said so I rushed along with him expecting to be taken to the ewe and lamb field.
    No he lead me to the yard gate and became very emotional next to the 2 dead ewes which had now blown up and were 'farting' a little. Even Jim Herriot would have struggled to get these 2 back on their feet.
    He was very adament that I summoned the vet completely dismissing my explanation that in fact both were devoid of life, they were no more, they had gone to that great field in the sky in fact they are f'ing deed.##
    General public don't they just make you laugh, eh naw.

SSPCA turned up next day.