Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: views on john deere 6150r

views on john deere 6150r

whats peoples views on the 6150r had 1 on demo to replace 6930 just wanted to know what others think of it and how they are getting on with them many thanks

Re: views on john deere 6150r

don't seam very popular was waiting to see what is said

Quote Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
    don't seam very popular was waiting to see what is said
    i liked it to drive seemed ok to me but i do like the 30 series mines been good to me

I would have thought that the 170R would be more of a replacement for the 6930?Is there boost on the 150R,about 20HP or something like that...

Why don't you look at a 6150M basically the same tractor as the 6930 but with new bonnet and a few tweaks but a lot cheaper than a 6150 R.

My boss just changed 3x 6930 for 6140r and a 7530 for 7210r. The 210r is a good bus. The 140's are hopless compared to the 6930. Ment to be 50k but only do 45k, no power totally flat. The 150r would only be 10 hp more and still wouldnt be no where near the hp of the 6930. Trouble when you go for the 170r the tractor gets bigger and heavier. I love to have the 6930 I was driving back any day compared to the 140r. My advice either keep your 69 or look at different brand. My choice would be Mf 7616/7618 imo.

ive driven a selection of the new R series and older 10/20/30 series deeres, must say the R series are great machinees but the 6150r ive driven a few times does seam loud in the cab, wether its just that one machine im not sure but the 6210r's ive had are loverly tractors.
    poult135 i would have said a 6150r would have been needed to replace the 6930 or even the bigger sized 6170r
    ive yet to try a M series but look a good cheaper option for a general use tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow legs View Post
    ive driven a selection of the new R series and older 10/20/30 series deeres, must say the R series are great machinees but the 6150r ive driven a few times does seam loud in the cab, wether its just that one machine im not sure but the 6210r's ive had are loverly tractors.
    poult135 i would have said a 6150r would have been needed to replace the 6930 or even the bigger sized 6170r
    ive yet to try a M series but look a good cheaper option for a general use tractor.
    Yes agree should have had 150r but still would have been underpowered compared to the 09 plate's 6930 they replaced. Didnt want to go bigger i.e 170r beacause the tractor gets physically bigger. Dont like the that there two buttons for 4wd, one to engage and other to disengage. Have you seen any issues with road speed? Ours top speed is 28mph. Says on the command cenre 32mph but is no where near. Tractor been back with dealer but still the same. If they reved all the way they prob would do 50kph. Boss was going to remmap but jd would standby the warrenty. Our's in the auto quad not the new direct drive box. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Poult135 View Post
    Yes agree should have had 150r but still would have been underpowered compared to the 09 plate's 6930 they replaced. Didnt want to go bigger i.e 170r beacause the tractor gets physically bigger. Dont like the that there two buttons for 4wd, one to engage and other to disengage. Have you seen any issues with road speed? Ours top speed is 28mph. Says on the command cenre 32mph but is no where near. Tractor been back with dealer but still the same. If they reved all the way they prob would do 50kph. Boss was going to remmap but jd would standby the warrenty. Our's in the auto quad not the new direct drive box. Cheers
    That is a tricky one, to get the performance you need from the 69 youd need a 6170R, What made him go for the 140r as opposed to the 150r? I know its only 10hp more but its a better match to its replacements.

What jobs do they do that a 6170R would not be suitable? A lot I know have changed their 6930's for 6190R's

acording to jd bumf 6830 150 to 180 hp ,6150r 150 to 175 hp? must be extra weight,bigger wheels and more eficiant engine that makes difference

we are the same dont want to go to the bigger fame tractor will have it back on demo soon to do some more jobs with and see how we get on thanks for replys

we had the 6150r here for a few days on demo again thought it went well was not any slower than our 69 on the same job may of even pulled a bit better it gripped better i like it has any one else got 1 or tried 1 what do you think???????????

Bloody ought to grip better, it's half as heavy again! Did the radio work, or was it a sea of interference?!!

We have a 6115r it pulls very well in the field but I find it a bit flat on the road, I am used to 68/6930s though which go very well on the road. I spoke to a mate after harvest who had a 6140 on hire, he thought highly of it, said it pulled as well on the road as his 820 fendt. I prefer the 30s command centre! Why they put a button for the beacon now that you cant tell if its on if the sun is bright, the cab has great visibility but its so poor how little storage space there is.
    I carry spare fuel filters and various other bits and pieces in the well behind the seat in the 20-30 series but they have done away with that on the R. Agree on the 4wd switch bein not as good too.

Do you carry a spare head gasket also !?

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Welding gloves to get in and out as the hand rails are so hot of the engine hahaha

No but a bottle of coolant for when the hg is gone and you need to get a job done! One of our tractors we bought from a neighbour was done before we got it at 6k hours, but out of the other 8 JDs we have or had only 2 have been done one at 5k hours the other at 7.5k. must be well over 40k hours between them all. Im not getting too excited though as there is still plenty time for the others to go.

we had a 210 on demo what did see what that when doing field work you could see the heat haze coming from vent on top of bonnet we will have to wait and see how that effects your eyes when the 2 new ones come in couple weeks .

Power shouldn't be a problem on 6150r, it's got same engine as the 6190r and 6210r so it's just a matter of turn it up bit. Be easier on fuel too.

Deere dealer around me gave me a 6140R to try. We currently run a mix of New Hollands and John Deeres. Myself and my dad both disliked it and thought it is a downgrade on the 30 series if I'm honest, and for the size of tractor seemed very sluggish even on a 10t silage trailer on the back. Wasn't impressed and I just feel that Deere have made a sideways step with this, when all their competitors seem to be making strides forward.

Too big for what they are.

Looked at them today at highland there look big lumps what would be the weight difference between the equivalent hp 30 series model

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcover View Post
    Too big for what they are.
    Agreed.

Sat in one the other day. First impressions are that it is a huge beast of a thing, towered over a 722 Fendt next to it, which is more potent again. Bonnet is very tall and I would say it is probably larger than the old 7710 I used to drive. Cab sits very high up. Speaking of which, the cab is still a brown cave but so deliciously wide and airy now, feels more like somewhere ideal to spend the day. Why they haven't got rid of the instrument display under the steering wheel and moved it to the A pillar I have no idea.

Tractor I looked at was on big tyres, as a result, the lock to lock steering was almost ridiculously bad, not ideal considering it had a loader on it. Clearly designed for America where there is a a lot of room to turn around!

Linkage looks like it belongs on an 8 series Deere. This is a tractor which screams arable farm machine to me. Looks the part though.

I agree about the cabs, sat in a 7230R a few weeks back and i couldn't really fault it. They've lost the plot with the 6R's though.

6r seams to have more room at front but less at back and side of seat,no i would rather sit in 30,only good thing is big window for cutting hedges

The doors are lovely and wide, plenty of visibility, but you watch the frame and the glass flex when its opened. Not as nice as the Case/NH effort, looks very flimsy.

Every time a new range comes out people don't like them.The 20 series was better than 30 series the 10 s better than 20s etc.They will still sell .

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I would have thought that the 170R would be more of a replacement for the 6930?Is there boost on the 150R,about 20HP or something like that...
    I have been told today that the tractor number relates to the boosted power. Is this correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by rust View Post
    I have been told today that the tractor number relates to the boosted power. Is this correct ?
    No on a Deere the number is the engine hp before boost so pretty much it's every day usable power.