Thread: mcconnel hedgecutter gearbox

mcconnel hedgecutter gearbox

Looking the pinion gear out of a mcconnel 2050 gearbox its a 17tooth that drives the pumps the splines are wore, any advice welcome, thanks.

Re: mcconnel hedgecutter gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by 2055t View Post
    Looking the pinion gear out of a mcconnel 2050 gearbox its a 17tooth that drives the pumps the splines are wore, any advice welcome, thanks.
    Is it the alloy gearbox- 2 halves with a joint/flange round the outside? If it is and all the wear is on one side/one direction then you can turn the gears round so you can use the unworn side of teeth & splines Not as good as new but will do a fair bit more service!
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Thanks for the advice, I tought it dient look like it was splined all the way through, it is the alloy split box must have a better look in the morning thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Is it the alloy gearbox- 2 halves with a joint/flange round the outside? If it is and all the wear is on one side/one direction then you can turn the gears round so you can use the unworn side of teeth & splines Not as good as new but will do a fair bit more service!
    Thanks very much for help, just checked gear its not splined on the other side of gear

Thanks for the advice, I tought it dient look like it was splined all the way through, it is the alloy split box must have a better look in the morning thanks again.
    Thanks very much for help, just checked gear its not splined on the other side of gear
    I had a look through all my pictures for when I had ours apart but nowt. AFAICR bearings became very worn allowing gear teeth to get very worn- it could just of been the big drive gear ended up getting turned round, but I thought we did the smaller one too

The older ours got the worse it became to keep oil in it and it was never as quite after the bearing trouble/turned gear episode. Not the best gearbox ever.

I think there was a modified gearbox but it came at a price. Try Alvetti or Joe Turner for a price
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Got a new genuine gearbox of Nicholas Gainford Eng in wexford a top class man to deal with really knows his stuff, I am know looking a sawhead for a Mcconneal.