Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fertiliser price tracker

manfromhill

Fertiliser price tracker

I know this was on the old boards but not across as yet ,took two artic deliverys of 27 4 4 plus sulphur last week at £345 payment end of september dont know what others been paying.

Tesla
    Could you say how much sulphur? Sulphur seems very expensive this year.

sep
    16.16.16 £525 today for payment next month :cry:

manfromhill
    It was 6 sulphur .Had heartland last few years which i think was 24 8 8 8 but was quoted an extra £65/ton.It was meant to be delivered in july but just arrived

ploughman_001
    22-4-14 +7 Sulphur £440 from Frontier, delivered early sept pay nov (ordered it 15th august)

Andy-Agent

Cool Fert Prices

Just been quoted the following:

34.5% £400 deliver jan
    0:15:30 £510 deliver sep
    9:15:15plus Boron £480 deliver sep
    all other P&K grades £568 deliver sep

also offered finance for 34.5% based on 4.8% extra on top of price - pay July (equivelant to 9.97% APR), 7.75% extra -pay Oct (10.5% APR)

also offered finance for P&K grades: - pay Mar 5.9% (12.14% APR)
    - pay June 8.95% (12.2% APR)

Tesla
    Is that UK 34.5% or imported? 0-15-30 doesnt seem so bad in the scheme of things.

Andy-Agent

Cool

Its UK 34.5. Cant get it before Jan!
    0:15:30 was best buy out there me thinks

Tesla
    Dont know if 34.5 @ £400 leaves much scope for profit then for wheat next year. Thats getting on for a ton of feed wheat per acre for nitrogen for gp1s. Must make P&K roughly £60 an acre.

Has anyone any quotes for liquid PK?

JD Everytime
    got artic load kemeira 25-5-5 think it was £390/ton delivered last week pay next month also load of yara on order at £405/ton for 27-5-5 deliver anytime pay january

nxy

Fert Price Web site

Found this the other day - may be of interest.

http://www.fertilizerworks.com/html/.../TheMarket.pdf

I keep it on my favorites and have a look now and then.

SimonC

Fert Web Site

nxy
    Very interesting site. It seems to be saying that no one is buying urea and that the price is coming down. Do you think that will effect prices here in UK?

Were is this Yuzhny place

cozzie
    urea 46% quoted €560 a ton
    CAN 27% bought at €380 for immediate use, nothing in stock

slejpner
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonC View Post
    nxy

Were is this Yuzhny place
    Ukranian Black Sea port near Odessa

Big_Al
    Big drops in fert price predicted!! so for all you ( )who bought early and have now paid for it, tough!!

Regards Big Al

Wheatyflake

Fert Price Drops

Why do you think the price will fall away?

Tesla
    Certainly wont fall to what you could buy this season N for last Jan/feb/mar. Plenty of other countries still buying.

kpa
    Quote Originally Posted by nxy View Post
    Found this the other day - may be of interest.

http://www.fertilizerworks.com/html/.../TheMarket.pdf

I keep it on my favorites and have a look now and then.
    nxy
    I like this quote from there
    a fertilizer dealer’s email response to a rather innocuous question: Q: “…what is the mood of the Ag-retailer going into deeper and perhaps uncharted water?”
    A: “As for the mood of the Ag retailer…it is degrading as we get keel-hauled by our customers for cost increases promulgated by our suppliers who are clearly capitalizing on the situation. We all hear about how the global market situation is entirely responsible for this, much as we hear how the global situation is responsible for the price of gasoline and diesel. Our suppliers apparently think we are too naive to look at their quarterly earnings reports.

Yes, we realize we are in a global market situation and yes, we realize that our suppliers are capitalizing on the situation while we are getting our butts chewed off by the people who have to actually pay for this stuff. As I told one supplier the other day…it is my fervent hope that the folks managing their company are still in place when the seeds they are now sowing have ripened for harvest. They are systematically destroying demand that has taken years to build all in the name of short term gain. I have never seen such unbridled gluttony (and ignorance) in XX years.”
    Maybe if enough of us decide we can actually grow stuff with less the message'll get back

nxy

Urea price in freefall!

Just read last weeks market report at the above site and read this:

Stocks of urea are mounting at production points in the main exporting countries. Prices
    are too attractive for many producers to voluntarily cut output. Hence, attempts to sell for
    October will see lower and lower prices until either, buyers can wait no longer to book urea
    needed for November and December arrival, or buyers are convinced prices have reached
    the floor. The first option is more attractive to buyers as there is no floor in sight for the
    urea market.

Carpathian Cropper
    Putting together some posts. ( one which I can't find on NFU fighting to help fert prices go down by imports from outside EU)

The prices for fert that people are now paying or agreeing to on here will seem expensive next spring.

The NFU and deserves support in fighting to get import bans lifted.
    The facilities for fertiliser making on the black sea rim often have considerable ownership by the western European manufacturers that lobby to keep cheap imports out of the EU. I cynically suggest this is to maintain exorbitant margins in west Europe.

So neck on the line prediction kinda post.

Regards.

Tesla
    Gran urea del next week pay 28days. One waggon load £435/t.

rogerm
    Bought 28t gran urea today £410/t del Oct, pay 28 days after del

(= to £307.50 for AN)

Tesla
    Who was yours from? Was it bulk or bagged?

rogerm
    Usborne (now Koch) 1 ton bags (but could have had 1/2 ton)
    I bought from local broker/agent

herd333
    I heard today of fert. manufacturers having to look for extra storage for compounds they cant sell at sky high prices.I wonder just how far demand will fall over the winter.

Tesla
    Little buying demand because no-one in the UK uses N during winter. I expect the know roughly how much world demand is left to satisfy.

herd333
    I'm talking about P&K here.

Tesla
    Dont think there is massive call for P&K applications over winter either. At the end of the day, if they store it near a port they can always ship to someone who will pay more. Doesnt seem to have had much of an impact on 0-30-15 prices.

If they want to pay me, I can store a good few loads for them.

herd333
    what are 0 30 15 prices?

Big_Al
    Granular urea price now under £400 per ton!!
    could be low £300ish by christmas!!

Regards Big Al