Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 139 of 139

Thread: Pool Results.

  1. #121
    William
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    It's looking like that - I hope I'm way out but it doesn't look good - Autumn pool a shade under that

  2. #122
    static_discharge
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Openfield Spring Pool 152 full spec Milling Wheat
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Autumn pool a shade under that
    Autumn being Oct/Nov/Dec then?

    How do you have Jan/Feb/March pool results now? I know they used to pay half end Feb, and half end April, but the first payment was never a definitive half, especially as they probably havent finished moving wheat yet.

  3. #123
    pylon dodger
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Was told the other day that the gleadell spring pool is tradind at 138 with 97% sold. And then asked me if I wanted to put some in for next year.

    this is feed wheat

  4. #124
    pylon dodger
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Glencore had some good results

  5. #125
    Richard
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by static_discharge View Post
    Autumn being Oct/Nov/Dec then?

    How do you have Jan/Feb/March pool results now? I know they used to pay half end Feb, and half end April, but the first payment was never a definitive half, especially as they probably havent finished moving wheat yet.
    The price for jan feb march could well be set, I would doubt the pool trader would leave it this long before selling, and from some results it was all sold before last oct!

  6. #126
    mbsrhol
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The price for jan feb march could well be set, I would doubt the pool trader would leave it this long before selling, and from some results it was all sold before last oct!
    Dont they start selling as soon as firm commitments are made, selling a proportion each month up to the end of the pool period, the period ie Spring pool is related to movement dates not selling dates.

    They will not benefit from next years strong prices until tonnage is committed. Bit crap, and predictable for buyers in my eyes.

  7. #127
    honest john
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by static_discharge View Post
    Autumn being Oct/Nov/Dec then?

    How do you have Jan/Feb/March pool results now? I know they used to pay half end Feb, and half end April, but the first payment was never a definitive half, especially as they probably havent finished moving wheat yet.
    We Farmers have to get results for year end accounts/valuation.
    There for if they the (pool managers) say 97% sold 31st dec value 130 feed.
    You dont need to be too smart!! to work it out.
    Its why i know fr*****r wont be paying 170 feed. For spring pool.
    Milling yes Feed no.
    I would say the bottom of the market was about 90 Top 207 so far.
    Half way 148.5 I would say no pool should be lower that that. A good pool manager i would hope 160 should be nearer the mark.
    With 170+ for the long pool. BUT its not for most pools this year.
    JOHN.

  8. #128
    Richard
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbsrhol View Post
    Dont they start selling as soon as firm commitments are made, selling a proportion each month up to the end of the pool period, the period ie Spring pool is related to movement dates not selling dates.

    .
    Surely a pool manager will sell onto a futures market if no buyers around and its a good price, just as they do when farmer rings up to sell for next month but merchant has no orders, they just hedge it and when a firm order comes in (boat to fill) they sell the option.

  9. #129
    William
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    I was wrong it was 158 for full spec Spring Pool

  10. #130
    JohnDeere8530
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    anyone know of Openfield pool results for harvest '11 onwards?

  11. #131
    JohnDeere8530
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    come one, anyone with Openfield pool results, ideally autumn. When does the annual one come out ?

  12. #132
    Badshot
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere8530 View Post
    come one, anyone with Openfield pool results, ideally autumn. When does the annual one come out ?
    Annual pool in August. (mid)

  13. #133
    nxy
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Just had the final payments for 2011 pools from our Co-op and I have to say I am fairly pleased. Every bit of produce off the farm was put into the pool system last year.

    Assured Milling Wheat 202 euros
    Standard Wheat 194 euros
    Feed Barley 165 euros
    Triticale 170 euros
    Maize 197 euros
    Oats 195 euros (!)
    Sunflowers 380 euros (bit disappointed!)
    Rape 435 euros
    Peas 200 euros
    Beans 205 euros

  14. #134
    bob k
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by nxy View Post
    Just had the final payments for 2011 pools from our Co-op and I have to say I am fairly pleased. Every bit of produce off the farm was put into the pool system last year.

    Assured Milling Wheat 202 euros
    Standard Wheat 194 euros
    Feed Barley 165 euros
    Triticale 170 euros
    Maize 197 euros
    Oats 195 euros (!)
    Sunflowers 380 euros (bit disappointed!)
    Rape 435 euros
    Peas 200 euros
    Beans 205 euros
    Good selection of crops there Nxy, are these prices after deductions for storage,drying (if necessary) haulage etc.

    What were rendements like ? IIRC everything was a bit parched in france last may june.

    Was over couple of weeks ago and crops looked terrific, certainly the best I have seen in the last 3 years, have they held up ?

  15. #135
    nxy
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by bob k View Post
    Good selection of crops there Nxy, are these prices after deductions for storage,drying (if necessary) haulage etc.

    What were rendements like ? IIRC everything was a bit parched in france last may june.

    Was over couple of weeks ago and crops looked terrific, certainly the best I have seen in the last 3 years, have they held up ?
    I don't grow all those crops (though we do do most of them) I just thought that it might be interesting to see the differences between the different crops. The one that shocked me most was the oats, we gave them up three years ago when they were 20 euros below feed wheat. This year they were worth more than spring malting barley which I did not mention but was only 185 euros.

    These prices are pool prices based on normal specifications ie dry clean grain delivered to the co-op at harvest. Collection from the field is 6 euros/T. Some cereals were cut so dry last year moisture content was in single figures.

    Yields last year were shockingly bad. Cereals were mostly below 5T/ha.

    This year the cereals look much better, dispite the strange weather we have had (just like the UK). Maize and sunflowers are a mixed bag, most early drilled crops have been redrilled and though many look good now they are way behind their normal growth stages and are not being helped by the cool weather.

  16. #136
    Badshot
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by nxy View Post
    I don't grow all those crops (though we do do most of them) I just thought that it might be interesting to see the differences between the different crops. The one that shocked me most was the oats, we gave them up three years ago when they were 20 euros below feed wheat. This year they were worth more than spring malting barley which I did not mention but was only 185 euros.

    These prices are pool prices based on normal specifications ie dry clean grain delivered to the co-op at harvest. Collection from the field is 6 euros/T. Some cereals were cut so dry last year moisture content was in single figures.

    Yields last year were shockingly bad. Cereals were mostly below 5T/ha.

    This year the cereals look much better, dispite the strange weather we have had (just like the UK). Maize and sunflowers are a mixed bag, most early drilled crops have been redrilled and though many look good now they are way behind their normal growth stages and are not being helped by the cool weather.
    Does that mean the co-op will put lorries there for you to fill meaning you don't need trailers and tractors and the ubiquitous student?

  17. #137
    nxy
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
    Does that mean the co-op will put lorries there for you to fill meaning you don't need trailers and tractors and the ubiquitous student?
    The Co-op put bins in the field and they empty them as we fill them. Normally the system works well though there can be delays at the start of harvest when everybody gets going and wants bins on the same day. Each bin holds 16 to 18 tons wheat.

    We do have a little 5 ton trailer which we use to haul our seed and feed grain but 90% goes straight to the co-op in their bins. Many cereal farmers have no storage or trailers.

  18. #138
    james lloyd
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by nxy View Post
    Just had the final payments for 2011 pools from our Co-op and I have to say I am fairly pleased. Every bit of produce off the farm was put into the pool system last year.

    Assured Milling Wheat 202 euros
    Standard Wheat 194 euros
    Feed Barley 165 euros
    Triticale 170 euros
    Maize 197 euros
    Oats 195 euros (!)
    Sunflowers 380 euros (bit disappointed!)
    Rape 435 euros
    Peas 200 euros
    Beans 205 euros
    What coop do you work with because those prices are excelent. We are with terre du sud and got the following

    Maize 185
    wheat 185
    tritical 150

  19. #139
    nxy
    Guest

    Re: Pool Results.

    Quote Originally Posted by james lloyd View Post
    What coop do you work with because those prices are excelent. We are with terre du sud and got the following

    Maize 185
    wheat 185
    tritical 150

    We have been with the same co-op for the last 12 years, they have merged with others and changed their name several times but are currently called COREA Poitou Charentes. I could potentially use two other co-ops who cover my area but am very happy with the service we get from COREA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •