Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Ford New Holland 8340 SLE help thread

Re: Ford New Holland 8340 SLE help thread

Hello, I have a 8240 and last week I changed the batteries to the tractor. When I started it back up I got a error code of e24. I have attempted to do the calibrating but have been unsuccessful. ( After several attempts) as well the clutch pedal is almost all the way up until you take off. It was working completely fine before changing the batteries, but it is very hard to use now using the tractor with the front end loader. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be at fault..

Had you the transmission oil well warmed up before calibrating? All wiring still intact near the battery? Big round multiplug above the batteries.....disconnect,spray with contact cleaner or such like and reconnect.Sometimes worked for me but doublecheck you have done the calibration sequence correctly.....

i attempted to do the calibrating when the oil has been warm----Ive shut the tractor off, hold down the upper and lower power shift buttons, then on the display it shows CAL---- then when i press only the upper shift button it displays u24. i will check the connections above the batteries.... it was working fine until i had changed the batteries.

forgot to mention that i pushed all 3 gear shifts forward when i attempted to calibrate --- the error code relates that the hi-low range lever was not forward, but i shifted the lever full to the forward position.

Have you got the transmission levers in the correct position for cal?
    Netherland site
    https://www.tractorfan.nl/topic/24059/

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Have you got the transmission levers in the correct position for cal?
    Netherland site
    https://www.tractorfan.nl/topic/24059/
    unless i'm missing something, all three transmission levers are pressed forward for the CAL ?? then the upper button is pressed, correct??

Hi
    I have bought a 8340 SLE Powerstar from 1992I would like a calibration of clutch C3 and C4 , because the clutch connects very quickly now :-/ But when the tractor is in CAL MODE and all three handles are forward and I release the clutch. The tractor starts driving forward :-/

Does anyone have a solution to this ?

Anybody fit to tell me why the 2 steel pipes going to and from the spool bank vibrate? Hydraulic pump seems to be pumping/groaning at high idle. Both spools in float position, tractors 7840 sle special 7000hrs

Why are the spools in float position?

Quote Originally Posted by iwarmstrong View Post
    Anybody fit to tell me why the 2 steel pipes going to and from the spool bank vibrate? Hydraulic pump seems to be pumping/groaning at high idle. Both spools in float position, tractors 7840 sle special 7000hrs
    I never noticed when I bought my 7740 but there was a rubber block jammed in under the steel pipes going to the qrc at the back end. When I took the rubber out there is argesive and loud high pitched vibrating noises comes from the steel pipes. I had to put the rubber block back in and the noise disappears. Have you tried jamming something under the pipes round about the dip stick position at the back end?
    "At the end of the day, I think it's going to get very dark."