Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Ford New Holland 8340 SLE help thread

Re: Ford New Holland 8340 SLE help thread

Did you start it after filling with oil to refill the filters and then redip? Were the lift arms up or down when you drained it? Up and the internal lift cylinder and the assistor rams would still be full of old oil.Maybe surprising what the filters and rams would hold along with the residual left in the trumpets and gearbox.It would hold 60l from dry to full on the stick.Used to get three drums into my old 40 series.

Haven't started it yet. Just put in 2 drums and pulled the dip stick and showed half up the mark. Haven't got back to it again but don't think the lift rams and the filters will hold 20 litres. They arm fully down. I'm just worried I haven't drained her right and now poured in good oil on the old stuff. Not that the old stuff was all that bad but it'll be nagging in the back of my head that she didn't get a good service.
    "At the end of the day, I think it's going to get very dark."

Quote Originally Posted by Quattromike View Post
    Haven't started it yet. Just put in 2 drums and pulled the dip stick and showed half up the mark. Haven't got back to it again but don't think the lift rams and the filters will hold 20 litres. They arm fully down. I'm just worried I haven't drained her right and now poured in good oil on the old stuff. Not that the old stuff was all that bad but it'll be nagging in the back of my head that she didn't get a good service.
    A lot of stuff has fill capacities based on a dry fill, ie factory fill or after its been totally apart and everything is drained. its always annoying when you see drain/sump plugs that are obviously never going to drain the last bit out where you know there will be all the stuff that has collected.

If its any consolation, I be what you have done is more than many get
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......