have a few bits to do on it, apart
    a full service, just wondering can anyone
    give me info on the gears when I have it in 2nd gear
    Everytime I change shuttle forward or reverse it goes
    into 3rd and I have to press the button on side of joystick
    to go back to 2nd before I move off!! I'd like to be able to just stay in
    2nd around the yard is this possible
    it has the danfoss type joystick
    It should have 1st, 2nd and 3rd in reverse but not 4th?

might have a solenoid failed? have had it before were one fails but you still get gears just not quite the gear it should be. These boxes can be configured as a 6 speed its just a different ECU but they still only have the 5 solenoids its just different combinations to get the different gears.

on the right hand side of the Transmission is a row of 5 solenoids. The bottom one is the one I think you will have failed or no power supply, this solenoid should be energised to get 1st and 2nd in both forwards and reverse, 1st gear uses 3 solenoids to get drive and 2nd gear uses 2 solenoids, 3rd gear only uses the one solenoid to get drive. and 4th in forwards uses a different combo of 2 solenoids.

I know you say you are getting 2nd forwards but I suspect that's actually 3rd forwards and 1st gear forwards you will be getting a gear that should actually be there! but would be if you had a 6 speed ecu! Complicated in know but just take the plug off the bottom solenoid and check if you have power to it in 1st and second forwards and then in 1st and 2nd reverse. you do not need the engine running just ignition on and handbrake off then select the gear and test.

Re: Matbro tr250 110

Thanks for that will try, just to add as will
    it will change up and down in all gears on the twisty
    stalk on steering except going down from 3rd to 2nd
    which has to be done from the joystick

Quote Originally Posted by case015 View Post
    Thanks for that will try, just to add as will
    it will change up and down in all gears on the twisty
    stalk on steering except going down from 3rd to 2nd
    which has to be done from the joystick
    Its possible you could have a faulty twist grip lever but check the power to that solenoid and bare in mind the lever could be iffy so play around with it and if need be press the kick down till you see power there or not as the case maybe.

Sounds like dirt in the twist grip. Try squirting some wd40 in there and twisting back and forward plenty of times (with engine off).

One of mine gets stuck in first every now and again and this seems to cure it!

Found out after that if I get it in second
    on the dash and them twist the grip lever
    back to 1st it will stay in 2nd as long as I don't
    hit the kick down button on the joystick!!
    presume that's not how it's supposed to work
    but will do the the trick for me, without messing
    with electrics that I am not keen on

Quote Originally Posted by Thick Farmer View Post
    Sounds like dirt in the twist grip. Try squirting some wd40 in there and twisting back and forward plenty of times (with engine off).

One of mine gets stuck in first every now and again and this seems to cure it!

WD40 is ok but I've found it dries out eventually, a good electrical contact cleaner after the WD40 should wash away the crud, use of an air blow gun can also help. Then I've been using a vaseline spray- https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXVS.html to good effect. Loader rocker switches seem really prone to dust and dirt building up in the switches contacts from all the grain store dust? Switches and twistgrips often respond to a clean and lube.

Anyone found any other good alternative lubricant for electricals?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    WD40 is ok but I've found it dries out eventually, a good electrical contact cleaner after the WD40 should wash away the crud, use of an air blow gun can also help. Then I've been using a vaseline spray- https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXVS.html to good effect. Loader rocker switches seem really prone to dust and dirt building up in the switches contacts from all the grain store dust? Switches and twistgrips often respond to a clean and lube.

Copper slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post

Not exactly sure about electricals, but for yonks I've used Ballistol for all sorts of problems. Much better than others at penetrating & lubricating siezed joints (bit of heat, then leave overnight, usually come free in the a.m.).

Seems to last much longer as a lubricant than other similar penetrants. Local serviceman for concrete vibrator assemblies uses only Ballistol, and recommended it. Available as a pressure pack or a liquid.

Made in Germany, so should be available in UK. The story I heard was that it was invented to lubricate German field guns in WW1.

JV
    Last edited by john maddock; 08-12-16 at 10:14 PM. Reason: clarity