Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telescopic loader for a tractor...

john63

Telescopic loader for a tractor...

Did any company make one?

Has anyone seen a home made one? Think I remember seeing something about one in the Farmers Weekly inventions competition.

I'm not looking for one - just wondering really.

TIA.

EDIT: B*gger wrong section. Perhaps a mod could move it?

Cab-over Pete

Re: Telescopic loader for a tractor...

There was an article on this loader in Classic Tractor some time back. Get on to R Day on here, and he will fill in the details. I reckon it was mounted on an International tracor, can't recall the model.

Johnny Class

We had a couple of Quickie loaders years ago that you could extend the booms by shifting a few pins, handy for stacking straw.

tanker

Funnily enough, this crossed my mind a few days ago.There was a company marketing them years ago now and I was wondering how many they sold and what became of the whole scheme.I shall rack my brains to remember who made them...

mike D4D

That one in classic tractor was called a unitel or something like that. Had it's fair share of critics it seems. Not sure on the name. Someone might correct me.

mud6920s

Quote Originally Posted by tanker View Post
    Funnily enough, this crossed my mind a few days ago.There was a company marketing them years ago now and I was wondering how many they sold and what became of the whole scheme.I shall rack my brains to remember who made them...
    If we're thinking of the same one it mounted on the 3 pointlinkage on the rear and went up and over the cab roof.
    Seemed a good system at the time but expensive.
    I think it was French built and marketed around 10yrs ago but never seen it since and google cant track it down either.

TP

I remember seeing one in I think the FW machinery section many years ago,it was basically an extending teleporter boom fitted centrally with heavy loader type brackets.This one in particular was fitted to a Marshall tractor probably an 804.I'm fairly sure it was yellow.Never seemed to catch on,probably pricey lacked lift capacity ,poor visibility and presented access problems on most brands for servicing.Certainly didn't look too compatible with the Marshall as soon as you needed to refuel or check the coolant level.Probably just a "concept" and the Marshall had a short bonnet which suited the Geometry.Can anyone else remember it or even better fish out a picture.

john63

Thanks for all the comments.

Don't remember seeing any myself as telehandlers had already taken off big style by the time I was reading the farming press. (I'm 22)

Would be very interested to see some pics of the machines mentioned. Google image search has so far not turned up anything for me.

Cheers.

mike D4D

The one in classic tractor...

Attachment 25187

Image a bit small I know.

john63

Quote Originally Posted by mike D4D View Post
    The one in classic tractor...

Attachment 25187

Image a bit small I know.
    Thanks for digging that up.

Oooh now that is interesting. Any idea which issue it was in?

mike D4D

Quote Originally Posted by john63 View Post
    Thanks for digging that up.

Oooh now that is interesting. Any idea which issue it was in?
    No bother. I can't recall. Was looking through most of my collection of ct mags looking for some info for a college project and remembered flicking past the article on that. Could be an issue from 2009 I think.

john63

Quote Originally Posted by mike D4D View Post
    No bother. I can't recall. Was looking through most of my collection of ct mags looking for some info for a college project and remembered flicking past the article on that. Could be an issue from 2009 I think.
    OK will have a look through them. Have every issue from about No 8 so should be in there somewhere. :lolk:

mike D4D

Quote Originally Posted by john63 View Post
    OK will have a look through them. Have every issue from about No 8 so should be in there somewhere. :lolk:
    Oh ya I have all of them from may 2005 onwards. Have a press full of them. Rory Day would like to hear that no doubt.

nick

if you are looking to buy one there is a ih856xl c/w unitel loader for sale in tractor and machinery magasine this month.857 hours,11450.from looking at the phone number its not too far from me
    nick............

Lumpkin

I had one on demo in the mid 80s some time attached to a JD 2140 if I remember correctly. Probably not the best tractor to try it out on with hindsight, I seem to remember problems with the door on the SG2 cab. I also recall the high pivot point wasn't great for stability and also it weighed a great deal more than a conventional loader. In short, I believe Satan was somewhere involved in its design, perhaps in an advisory capacity. We bought a Matbro Teleram in the end with the Clark soft shift transmission. Probably the best telehandler ever.

barrbeast

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Hopper View Post
    If we're thinking of the same one it mounted on the 3 pointlinkage on the rear and went up and over the cab roof.
    Seemed a good system at the time but expensive.
    I think it was French built and marketed around 10yrs ago but never seen it since and google cant track it down either.
    You're thinking of the Telebras LTB270 made by Lamy. Gone the way of the dod I think as its not on the Lamy website! I've got a pdf catalogue with it in it though.

Theres one attached to a Renault for sale on Agriaffaires-

http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/used/h...my-ltb720.html

mud6920s

Quote Originally Posted by barrbeast View Post
    You're thinking of the Telebras LTB270 made by Lamy. Gone the way of the dod I think as its not on the Lamy website! I've got a pdf catalogue with it in it though.

Theres one attached to a Renault for sale on Agriaffaires-

http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/used/h...my-ltb720.html
    Fairplay thats the one but I could'nt remember the name,

barrbeast

Nae bother, I couldn't remember it either... I had to look hard at the pics to work out the name!

ploughman_1959

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpkin View Post
    I had one on demo in the mid 80s some time attached to a JD 2140 if I remember correctly. Probably not the best tractor to try it out on with hindsight, I seem to remember problems with the door on the SG2 cab. I also recall the high pivot point wasn't great for stability and also it weighed a great deal more than a conventional loader. In short, I believe Satan was somewhere involved in its design, perhaps in an advisory capacity. We bought a Matbro Teleram in the end with the Clark soft shift transmission. Probably the best telehandler ever.
    Oakley's of Shifnal/Shrewsbury had one for demo mounted on a Ford 7610 with AP ( PIG) cab around the same time, we tried it but it wasn't for the faint hearted and I agree with all your comments.

Ploughman1963

The boy sent me this photo a few weeks ago - seen in a dealers yard in Cambridgeshire somewhere I think

nick

as everthing goes round from time to time i expect somone will try and market somthing similar in the future
    nick.............

john63

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    as everthing goes round from time to time i expect somone will try and market somthing similar in the future
    nick.............
    Yep no doubt.

Take it that no-one made one on the same principle as the Collins Tele-shift then?

Cab-over Pete

How could anyone possibly think that this was a good idea?

essexpete

C on B none of those contraptions look useful. The vision on the 595 would be terrible. Look at the height of the boom pivot on the ol MF 2000. and it surely must have to go a very secure frame to chassis?

mud6920s

Quote Originally Posted by Cab-over Pete View Post
    How could anyone possibly think that this was a good idea?
    Emmm,good vision,good weight balance,can go on any tractor in minutes and..... oh !!! its telescopic.

Why would the pivot height have an influence on stability?
    Surely its the point its married to the host machine i.e 3 point linkage,thats makes it stable or not and seeing as this is attached to the tractor lower than any other loader I've ever seen surely makes more stable than others

Cab-over Pete

Each to their own, I suppose.

essexpete

Emmm,good vision,good weight balance,can go on any tractor in minutes and..... oh !!! its telescopic.

Why would the pivot height have an influence on stability?
    Surely its the point its married to the host machine i.e 3 point linkage,thats makes it stable or not and seeing as this is attached to the tractor lower than any other loader I've ever seen surely makes more stable than others
    C of G must have moved upwards a fair bit on the 2000. Surely that cannot be simply mounted on the 3 pt?

The Pretender

...only front wheel steer on a big tractor with a crap clock, really high so can't get in anywhere the combine won't go, long, heavy, need xray eyes to see through the bonnet, no glass in the room, no FOPS on the tractor.

john63

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    no FOPS on the tractor.
    Why don't loader tractors have to have FOPS?

Kipper

This one has,